ch.6

Sitting in the waiting room felt like an eternity. I had been on a phone call with my Father for a little more the 20 minutes. Of course, I would never tell him about the events which occurred earlier.

As it was his day off, I decided to spare him the details for now at least. I still felt sad about how Mikey stood me up. He still has not apologised for that but in time I hope he will.

Looking up at the 'Operation in Progress' light switch to off. We all got up in hope of good news. Two surgeons emerged from the room and looked at all of us.

"The operation was a success. We managed to save his life."

After we processed the good news, I felt Yamagishi clinging to your side. "I'm so happy (Y/n)!!" He cheered as tears streamed down from his eyes.

"Get off me Yamagishi! You'll ruin my kimono!" I said as I tried to take Yamagishi off me. "Let go Yamagishi!" Akkun said pulling Yamagishi off my side.

Finally being free, Mitsuya proposed that we all head out side to tell everyone the good news. "Come on (Y/n)!" Akkun said as I stopped running.

"I'll follow you all in a bit. Go on without me." You said smiling at Akkun. Nodding his head, Akkun headed outside to the rest of Toman while I stayed inside.

Looking around the hospital, you couldn't find Mikey anywhere. "Where the hell could he be?" I asked myself as I jogged around the hospital. Taking a glance out the window, I finally saw at familiar blonde head of hair.

Running towards the exit, I headed over to where I saw Mikey. "Thank god... Ken-Chin. Don't worry me like that." Mikey said as he sat on the ground with tears flowing down his cheeks.

"Mikey..." I said walking over to him and sitting down beside him. "I'm sorry, (Y/n)." Mikey said as he dried up his tears. "Sorry? About what?" I asked.

"I stood you up at the festival. Then you get involved in the fight. If I hadn't had been so stupid to stand you up. You never would have gotten involved. You have a right to never talk to me again." Mikey said looking at the ground in front of him.

"What are you talking about? I know that you had your reasons. And I know that you feel bad about it. But why would I ever want to stop taking to you?" I asked looking over at Mikey.

"It doesn't even matter anymore. Yes, I was annoyed that you stood me up but... I wish you would have told me sooner." I said moving closer to Mikey.

Wrapping your arms around Mikey, I pulled him into your embrace. "I don't hate you, Mikey. And I never will." I said hugging Mikey.

Feeling his nose sting, the tears began to flow down out of his eyes as he wrapped his arms around me to hug me back. "I'm so glad." Mikey said while crying.

"It'll all be okay." I said pulling away from the hug. In an instant, Mikey came closer until our faces were inches apart.

Pulling me in, Mikey connected our lips together. My eyes going wide with shock of the sudden interaction. I soon let myself melt into the kiss.

"Mikey?" Takemichi asked as he ran around the hospital outskirts. Seeing the familiar blonde hair, Takemichi headed in the direction of it.

"Mik-"

Seeing (Y/n) and Mikey, made Takemichi smile. "I'll leave them alone." Takemichi said running off in the opposite direction.

August 10th, a whole week since the battle at the Musashi Shrine

August 10th, a whole week since the battle at the Musashi Shrine. Takemichi has been the talk of the town lately. "Why did we bother saving him?" Akkun asked as Takemichi tried to show off.

"I don't know. I just wanna go to school." I said with a sigh. Passing out Takemichi, Akkun and I continued to make our way to the school gates.

"Speaking of which. How are you and Mikey?" Akkun asked. "I don't know, after he kissed me. He hasn't spoken to me now in ages." I said looking at Akkun.

"Hopefully you two work out. You deserve to be happy." Akkun said with a smile. "And so do you asshole." I said jokingly ruffling Akkuns perfectly styled hair.

"Hey! Cut that out (Y/n)!" Akkun said laughing. Laughing along with him, we both reached the school gates.

"I'll see you later!" I said to Akkun as I ran off the meet Hina. "Hey Hina." I said catching up to Hina.

Wandering around the school for a bit, the both of us soon parted your ways at your assigned classrooms.

Taking your seat, I took my classes as normal like I do every day. When school finished, I headed to my locker to put your shoes back.

Opening your locker, you were soon met with a small envelope falling out from your locker. Bending down to pick it up. I could already hear all the slandering coming from behind me.

"Ohh, has little Miss (Y/n) gotten herself a boyfriend?"

"Or girlfriend."

"Maybe it's from your dear old Akkun."

"Shut up!!" I shouted at the girls who continued to laugh at you. Feeling embarrassed, I put my shoes away quickly and got out of the school before they could make anymore remarks.

Arriving at a near by cafe, I entered the cafe and ordered my desired drink and treat. Taking a seat at a table, I awaited for your food.

Looking at the envelope, I examined it carefully to give me a hint as to who it was. Breaking the seal, you began to read the letters contents.

dear (Y/n),
i really suck don't i? first, i stand you up at the festival that i asked you out to. and then, i never speak to you for a week. all because i was afraid.

my brother said that i'm just like him. weak to women. i had never expected things to take a turn like this but... it turns out it did.

i want to make it up to you. the musashi festival goes on for another week and there's another festival this saturday.
i really want to apologise this time. i'll be waiting for you at the gates of the shrine. this time, i promise that there isn't going to be a fight.

even if there is, i promise to protect you and keep you safe from all harm.
once again, i'm sorry for how much of a shitty person i've been and i hope we can start it fresh.

i'll be waiting for you on saturday.
this time, i promise, i'll make it up to you.

yours truly,
mikey :)
________________________________

A/n: thank you so much for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter❤️