Hard shell soft core

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

-
Awake, the Colonel lay staring up at the early morning sky. Tightly he held y/n who clung to him, her breathing was steady. He was tired, but thoughts were racing through his head. He could not yet comprehend what had happened at all. The feeling of her soft lips was still, like a faint breeze, on his. She had returned his feelings. Returned... The word was like an echo in his head. He didn't know why he had done it at all. What had driven him to this act and why he had become so weak.

Again his body was overcome by goose bumps. But good ones. Ones that felt like comfort. This couldn't be true at all. No, they were not even the same species. And yet it happened. Miles didn't want to admit it to himself, but his heart fell more and more for y/n.

A small movement coming from her brought him out of his trance for a short time. But what should he do? He had a mission... But he had completely lost sight of it.

The colonel, who had been so cold and untouchable, began to weaken. His facade and his thick walls began to crumble inside. His hard shell was cracking and slowly revealing the soft core. And all this... Was only because of her. A young woman he had kidnapped and would now protect from anyone who wanted to harm a hair on her head.

At that moment Miles knew. He could no longer pursue his real task. He had changed. He no longer wanted to fight against it.

For a while longer, he lay there and thought about everything, until the tiredness caught up with him too.
-

...

With a deep breath I woke up. I felt warmth and a steady up and down. Slowly, blinking, I opened my eyes and lifted my head. Miles was lying there peacefully, still holding me tightly. Thanks to Eywa, I thought it was just a dream. But no, it had really happened. A smile played around my lips and I gently stroke over his arm to his hand. I carefully stroked each of his fingers until I turned to his face. Calmly he breathed in and out.

In the meantime it had become noon which I recognized by the high sun.

Slowly I petted his cheek and ran through his short hair. What are you doing y/n? Miles started to move. His eyes twitched until they finally opened. They caught my face directly and patterned it. "Hi." I said. The word was like a breath that was already almost carried away by the wind. I felt him take his hand from my thigh, because not a moment later it became cold in that place. Immediately I missed the feeling of his warmth on my skin. I could not interpret his expression. Quaritch's hand wandered to my head and brushed a strand behind my ear. Outsiders would probably say he was annoyed or something, but that wasn't true. Even though he wasn't really good at showing his emotions, I was slowly learning to read the little signs he was giving me.

...

"Come on, let's go." By now we were up and a little more awake. "Where are we going?" I asked, confused, not knowing what the current plan was. Miles seemed to be thinking. "Don't know yet but we can't stay here forever." "Yeah, you're right." He nodded contentedly and led the way.

...

"We'll find something...I hope." He grew quieter toward the end of the sentence. "And if not, you know how to survive out here." A faint grin played around his lips as he teased me. Playfully annoyed, I tilted my head. "Haha." Miles laughed lightly and kept walking. I couldn't help but grin as well. Satisfied, I brushed the plants around me and closed my eyes briefly in enjoyment.

But I didn't know yet how long our journey would actually become....

-
Tonowari walked earnestly along the path to the housing of Jake and his family. Laughter could be heard and the smell of smoke was in the air. He walked slightly past the opening and stopped while still in sight. "Tonowari? Did something happen?" Jake's voice sounded behind him and he half turned around. Neytiri stood tensely by as well. "Indeed." The chief sighed in concern. The two Omaticaya's eyes grew wide. "A neighbor village of ours a little farther away had y/n as prisoner." Jake's jaw dropped and Neytiri put her hand over her mouth in shock. "I'm sorry, what!? Prisoner?" Jake was at a loss for words. "I know, I know. They didn't know it was her. They didn't realize it until later, but by then it was too late." "Too late? What do you mean?" Neytiri asked. Tonowari inhaled audibly. "She escaped in the same night." Like two statues, the two forest Na'vi stood there. "How? She escaped alone?" "Jake Neytiri." Tonowari turned to face them completely now, eyeing their faces with lips pressed together. "She wasn't alone. She was with the demon. The one who had attacked our villages and the one they call Colonel Quaritch." The two Sully's stood open-mouthed, speechless.
-

(2 days later)

We just took a break and leaned against two trees. I had briefly closed my eyes to relax, until a grumble made me look up in surprise. Miles looked at me unobtrusively from the side. "What was that?" I asked, and again the sound rang out. Now I realized it was his stomach. "Miles are you hungry?" He cleared his throat briefly. "N-no." I started laughing lightly. "Why don't you say something? Come on I'll find us something good." Determined, I stood up and pulled him along with me.

"Here try this." I pressed several fruits into his hand and waited exited for his reaction. Suspiciously, he smelled them. "Trust me." He bit off a small piece. Then suddenly his eyes almost lit up. "Well?" Juice was already running from the corners of his mouth. "Yeah it's okay." I could see he was overwhelmed and laughed out. "Stop it already. It's awesome, admit it!"

-
Weeks were ahead for the two...
-

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

(1031 Words)