Feelings of guilt

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

I stared excitedly at the door. Breathing heavily, I turned around and sank down against it. I listened outside but it was silent. I just sat there and stared at nothing. Miles had hit me. Hit me... These words kept echoing in my head and slowly my hand slid to my face. I was so shocked that I could hardly think straight. Then I became aware of noises and my ears perked up.

-
The Colonel stood silently in front of the door that was slammed in his face. He didn't want to hit y/n. But he was so angry that he lost control. Immediately a feeling came over him which he had felt so rarely in his life that he had almost forgotten it. Guilt. His inner struggle raged so loudly that it was almost unbearable. Again and again he was caught up by his old personality that was in him. But was he really this man or is he someone else?

He gritted his teeth. Actually he wanted to say something, he opened his mouth but closed it again. He could just go in, since the door was not lockable, but something stopped him. Hesitantly, his body turned away and walked towards the pile of junk on the ground. He couldn't stand there forever.

With the broken camera tucked under his arm, he ran for the exit. But before Miles left the room he paused for a moment and tried to hear something, but there was dead silence in the bathroom.
-

I held my breath and didn't make a sound. I heard someone walking around the room and then stopping just outside my door. The exit door slammed shut. Relieved, I let the air slide out of my lungs. Somewhat reassured, I gave myself a jolt and stood up. Slowly I ventured to the mirror and looked at myself. My cheek was still slightly pink. As I stared at myself, my eyes filled with tears. I fought against them. "No y/n you're not going to cry around here like a little kid now!" My reflection didn't want to be the way I wanted it and a tear rolled down my face. I wiped it away vigorously and took a deep breath. But I was losing the battle and I gave up. More and more of the salty drops made their way down and I briefly closed my eyes.

I burst into tears and let myself sink back down to the floor. Everything that had happened went through my mind. I didn't know why I felt this way. I felt...hurt? Not physically but mentally. Quaritch had punished Lyle for hitting me, I still got goosebumps at the thought, and now he had done it himself. I buried my head between my legs.

-
Plagued by guilt, Quaritch trudged through the already almost dark hallways, trying to distract himself. Hardly anyone was still out at this hour. Arriving at a large window, he stopped and gazed up at the early night sky. His ears twitched. The stars lit him up and he sank deeper and deeper into his excited thoughts.

 The stars lit him up and he sank deeper and deeper into his excited thoughts

A few moments later, a strange white thing appeared in front of the window. At first he did not notice it at all. Astonished, the Colonel's yellow eyes followed this something. He had never seen anything like it before. It floated elegantly through the air until it stopped in front of him. Confused, Miles just stared at it. The thing flew a little towards him until it disappeared around the corner of the house wall. His ego didn't care and just thought that this was some Pandora stuff again...

-

I didn't know how much time had passed. I was exhausted and tired. My eyes hurt. My face was burning. Slowly I crouched down on the floor and closed my eyes. This time I stayed in here lying on the cold stone. I simply had no more strength to get up and wanted to forget everything. Fatigue overcame me and I fell asleep with a tear-stained face.

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

//Today the chapter is a little shorter sry :( (688 Words)//