Banshees

//Hey I was wondering if you guys or at least a few of you feel the same way I do. I'm so obsessed with Quaritch that it's not cool anymore you know what I mean? It's so real to me it's not funny anymore. And the fact that he doesn't even exist destroys me. Except for the actors who don't even know I exist. Please don't think I'm stupid or anything.//

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

The night was restless, I constantly woke up and fell asleep again. Once again I woke up, but this time I decided to get up. Shivering, I stretched my body and pulled myself up onto my feet by the sink. My bones ached from the hard floor and I was almost startled when I recognized myself in the mirror. Swollen eyes with deep circles under them adorned my face. I looked terrible as I thought. Emotionless I rubbed my eyes and went in the direction of the door. Briefly I listened again at this, although I actually already knew that no one was there. Slowly I dared to push the handle down and go outside. The early sunlight shone through the window into my room. I quickly walked towards it and let it envelop me. Immediately I felt a little bit better. A sigh left my mouth as I thought again about yesterday.

I looked around and noticed that everything looked the same as the day before. Except that the pile of rubble on the floor was missing. I gave myself a jolt and pushed the table back into place. I put the chair next to it.

...

An eternity passed. All the time I just sat at the window and stared outside. During the day food was brought to me, but that was the only thing. I was not dragged to any missions and Miles did not show up either. Since I had nothing to do anyway, I decided to go to bed early again to catch up on the sleep from the previous night.

...

I was awakened by the loudly opening door. Annoyed, I blinked and looked over at it. Miles' soldier came in with quick steps. "Let's go sweetie you are going to teach us how to fly Banshees today!" I had to really wake up to realize everything. Sweetie? Did I just hear that right? "What- what do you want? Go away. I'm not your sweetie." She gave a short laugh and came up to me. "You heard me. So let's go." When she was close enough, her eyes scrutinized my face. "Man you look like shit." Rolling my eyes, I struggled out of my bed. "Yeah thanks...?" she saw my questioning look. I had been out with her before but could never remember her name. "My God Z-Dog!" "Ah yes right." I returned and followed Z-DOG outside.

She led me outside to the gray birds. Halfway there, the realization hit me. "You know I can't ride banshees myself?" Confused, her figure turned to me. "You don't?" I shook my head. "But you do have that braid?" "Yes I do but-." I pointed down at myself to make her realize I was way too short for it. "Oh yeah..." Z-Dog seemed to think for a moment. "But you know how it works?" I inhaled audibly. "Yeah I guess." I got quieter towards the end but she understood me. "Yeah then everything fits. Come on." She waved me on and we got into one of the metal birds after a few meters.

I was almost startled when I saw Miles sitting on the left. He noticed me and our eyes met. Like a statue he looked at me. I moved just as little...
"Y/n sit down!" I was snapped out of my trance by Z-Dog and quickly found a seat. Embarrassed, I dared to look up again and saw that Quaritch was still looking at me. I saw that he had new injuries on his face and was about to get up and examine them. But no, definitely not. I remembered what he had done and remained seated. But the thought did not leave me in peace. Despite everything I wanted to know what had happened. His gaze turned away from me when the machine started and we took off from the ground.

...

I had actually sworn not to trudge through the forest with the avatars anymore, but I was here again. Again. To my bad Lyle was with us. But my fear was limited. Miles was there... Quietly I walked behind them and didn't say a word. Of course Quaritch ran ahead so that I could hardly see him. What was also good so.