„Goodbye." (I)

//IMPORTANT! At the beginning I would like to say that I will show you many different songs. I listened to them while writing and I think they fit very well. I will mark the individual songs. I hope you can recognize it //.

(🎶1) Empires ~Ruelle
(🎶2) Everything works out in the end (loop+slowed) ~Kodaline
(🎶3) Strange ~Celeste

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

(🎶1) I slowly opened my eyes, which I had squeezed shut so tightly, and could barely make out anything. There was smoke and fire everywhere. I immediately had to cough when I felt the fine dust entering my lungs.

I looked up and recognized Miles. He was still holding me tightly in his arms. But he was covered in a thick layer of soot. "Y/n are you okay?" He asked and looked at me. I nodded as he gently lowered me back down. "Are you okay too?" I asked worriedly. "Yeah..more or less." He coughed and wiped the sweat from his forehead. Thank Eywa he was all right, but I knew that the fight had cost him a lot of strength. I remembered his cut again.  "What about your wound?" He breathed hard and looked around. "It doesn't matter now, we have to get out of here." I looked through the rubble and ashes too, but I had no idea where we were. There was fire everywhere and water was shooting out of every corner. Objects were constantly crashing into each other and the ground was becoming more sloping by the minute. "The ship is going to explode. The tank has certainly been damaged. We will die if we don't find a way out." My heart began to beat wildly, my anxiety rising. "We'll find a way! We can do it!" I said in an excited and shaky voice. Miles looked down at me, I could see the helplessness in his eyes. Then he nodded. "Okay let's try that way." He frantically pointed to a path that was the least blocked by fire.

...

After a few meters, the situation became worse and worse. The fire seemed to be chasing us. We constantly had to dodge objects falling from the ceiling. "Y/n watch out!" Miles shouted behind me as another pipe came crashing down from above. I jumped to the side, screaming, and hit the wall. "Are you okay?!" "Yeah I'm fine!" I replied as I struggled to my feet. With every meter, my stamina was failing me more and more. I could hardly breathe and it was difficult to see.

...

Again there was a small explosion further away. "Faster y/n we have no time!" Miles shouted in panic behind me. Adrenaline coursed through my body like a storm. I tried to see something through the dark clouds of smoke. We needed a miracle. Otherwise we would both die here.

And then suddenly, out of nowhere, far away, I saw a small ray of light. "Miles! Miles up ahead! I think..." I heard him coughing behind me and he had as little strength left as I did. "What do you see?!" He shouted, straining. "There's light! Daylight!" The ship began to vibrate. "What-?" Miles couldn't say any more because the next moment there was a loud crash. It happened so fast I could hardly realize it. "NO Y/N WATCH OUT!!!" My eyes shot up and I saw the ceiling fall. Then I was forcefully pushed so that I fell two meters forwards...

Shortly afterwards, it was quiet for a while. I opened my eyes and picked myself up again. "Miles?" I turned around and startled. "MILES!"

Miles stood there with his body hunched over. He braced all his strength against the huge ceiling that had crashed down. "Oh great mother!" I ran, or rather stumbled, towards him. "Miles, come on, we have to keep going! There's the exit up ahead!" I shouted until I reached him. I saw him try to let go of the ceiling somehow, but that immediately triggered another crash. "I...I can't." He coughed with effort. "If I let go of the ceilings, everything will collapse. You have to go on alone." Shocked, I looked at him. (🎶2) "What?" "No way! I'm staying with you!" He shook his head. "No, you have to go! If you stay here, you'll die! The whole ship will explode!" A tear began to make its way down my face. "You can't ask me to do that! I'll stay with you! If you die, I will too!" His body suffered unbearably under the weight on his back. Miles groaned in pain. "NO, YOU HAVE TO LIVE!" I looked at him, somewhat shocked. He had never shouted at me like that before. I felt my eyes start to burn and my throat went dry. "You said you would always stay with me! Forever!" I finally started to cry. The situation got worse and worse. The water rose and the fire spread more and more.

"Y/n!!! Y/n where are you!" I suddenly heard my father's distant voice calling out to me. Then I turned back to Miles. "No, you can't do this to me! Please, we'll work it out somehow!" I desperately searched for a way out. "We could lift something against the ceiling or-!" I ran back and forth, trying to do something. "Y/n... Y/n stop. Stop it!" Miles yelled, making me stop. I broke down and cried bitterly. "Oh great mother please help me!" I stumbled towards Miles and clung around his neck. "Don't leave me! Please!" I sobbed and heard my father coming closer and closer.

"Y/n I see you!" Miles said calmly. I looked up and couldn't help but cry more. Then I nodded and replied in a shaky voice. "Yeah! Yeah I see you too! I love you Miles!" A few tears ran down his face too. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me!" He said and I cried bitterly. Then I kissed him. I kissed him with such love and devotion that time almost stood still for a moment.

"Y/n thank god there you are!" I suddenly heard my father shout directly behind me. "We have to get out of here! Now! The ship is about to explode!" I clutched Miles as tightly as I could as my dad started pulling on me. "NO NO WE CAN'T LEAVE HIM HERE!!!" I screamed in a voice full of pain. "Y/n darling you have to go now." Said Miles in a slightly calmer voice. His eyes were red and wet. "Go now! Go and live! Grow old and be happy!...For me...Please." I shook my head and cried bitterly. "No no! Not without you! We only had so little time!"

My father pulled harder on me. "Y/n we have to go now!" I cried out and didn't want to let go. "Please please no don't do this to me!"

I pressed my lips on his one last time until my father finally tore me away from him. "I love you so much, don't forget that! Goodbye y/n!"

"NO! NO!" I struggled against my father with all my might. But he grabbed me and picked me up. I looked into Miles sad face. "We'll meet again! I promise!" He shouted and suddenly everything felt like slow motion. His figure became more and more distant as my father ran outside with me.

I screamed at the top of my lungs and cried so hard than I had ever cried in my life. I sobbed and wanted to reach for him with my hands.

-
Miles looked after her and smiled slightly as a tear ran down his face. He knew she would live. He had saved her and he would see her again...sometime. "I'll see you again." He said softly to himself and finally closed his eyes.
-

(🎶3) Miles' figure moved further and further away. My face burned and my soul ached. Now I was just screaming and couldn't realize anything except that we were outside and the sun was blinding me. After running a few meters with me in his arms, my father suddenly cried out. "Hold on tight!" Then he jumped off and we landed in the sea. We were underwater for seconds until we surfaced together. I coughed and tried to swim back towards the ship. "Y/n no!" Dad held me tight and then...

I watched as the whole ship exploded with a deafening bang. For a moment I was so shocked that I froze. Not a moment later, however, I screamed at the top of my lungs. "NO AHHNO!!!" I could barely keep my head above water and just cried. I felt my dad pressing my body against his. "Shh sh sh. It's going to be ok honey." I could hardly listen to him. Miles was dead. Dead. He was gone.

I could hardly breathe. My chest felt like it was laced together. My dad pulled me ashore with him and clutched my body. He sat down on the sand and enveloped me with his whole body. He slowly rocked me up and down and stroked my hair. He held me tightly with his arms and hands. "I'm so sorry sweetheart. I'm so sorry." He whispered and kissed me on the top of my head.

I could do nothing but cry and watch the ship slowly collapse and sink.

He was dead...

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

//hope you enjoyed it anyway. Yes, I cried too leave me alone 😭 (1584 words)//