Ma'Miles (I)

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

-
The Colonel lay awake under the starry sky, which was almost completely covered by the treetops. He still could not believe what had happened. Well? He couldn't grasp it at all, he didn't understand it. This connection, these deep intense feelings. All of it was so overwhelming. Also, he realized how much he had changed, without having noticed it. What kind of human, or rather, what kind of avatar he had become.

Miles felt y/n's heartbeat against his chest. It calmed him, gave him security.

While he looked at her sleeping, petite, but of her forest life strong body, he remembered the not so distant past. His thought of his soldiers and the RDA. It all seemed so infinitely distant to him. So far away that he could hardly remember his old life.

But then a shiver came over him. He realized that the sky people were not finished yet. They were still searching for Jake Sully. And if HE wasn't leading them, then he had been replaced at the latest since his disappearance.

He took a deep breath and almost said a prayer in his mind. One which was addressed to Eywa.

One in which he asked her to protect y/n at all costs and to prepare Pandora so that the whole moon could defend itself against the sky people.

Because Miles knew...They would come...Sooner or later.
-

I woke up, tickled by the sun's rays. A warm hand stroked my shoulder as I stretched, blinking. I looked into his so wonderful face that almost made me melt. The corners of my mouth pulled up. But then it hit me like a blow. In a flash I was standing vertically with my eyes wide open. Miles looked at me perplexed.

"By Eywa damn it! Miles we didn't go back to the village!" Mild panic rose in me. "Oh no no no what do we do now?!" I was about to freak out. "Hey hey y/n calm down first!" Miles had gotten up by now as well and put both hands on my shoulders calming. "We don't know if they even noticed anything. It's still early." He looked scrutinizingly at the sky and then pointed toward the sun. I relaxed a bit when I saw that he was right. But the uneasy feeling remained. I felt it in every fiber of my body.

...

We crept through the undergrowth to the Metkayina village. Fortunately for us, of course, a bunch of Na'vi were already on their feet. A depressed sigh left me. Then I felt Miles gently place his hand on the back of my neck. His thumb, stroked on my skin, up and down again and again. "Even if they see us..." I knew what he meant by that and just nodded. I was determined. I don't want this game of hide and seek anymore. I then took his hand and together we stepped into the light.

...

-
Y/n and Miles walked hand in hand over the long sandy beach. A few moments passed in which no one noticed them. But little by little the first sea residents came running. Until there were more and more. Y/n pushed her Ölself several times protectively in front of Miles. But it was almost ridiculous. She went down with her human size in the crowd.
-

I had put on my confident face and squeezed through the collection of sea Na'vi with Miles. "Get out of the way!" I shouted, snorting.

"Y/n!" The shout made me startle slightly. Through the legs of the others, I could make out my mother. "Get out! Let me through!" I detected a foreboding undertone in her voice. Just one was still in her way. Then she was in front of me. In front of me and Miles. Her eyes wandered back and forth between us. Until her gaze stopped at our hands.

Shortly our eyes met. I was about to say something until she beat me to it. "Tell me that's not true." A slight feeling of guilt arose in me, but I suppressed it immediately. I knew that Miles and I had done the right thing. I took a deep breath and built myself up. My mother didn't need an answer, she already knew.

For a moment we just stood there staring at each other. I hadn't noticed that half the village was standing around us. But no one dared to say anything.

"What do you want me to say mom, do you want me to apologize? Absolutely not." She pressed her lips together and looked at me with an expression I had never seen on her before. "We were worried sick!" She exclaimed, but was interrupted. Interrupted by a second familiar voice. My father.

"Ma'Tiri! What happened! Is she back?!" Then he also stopped beside her and paused. I saw it rattle in his head and he realized it in a flash.

"Y/n?...W-Why? I trusted you. Why are you dragging our family down like this?! We told you what that man did and yet you unite with him?" My hand clutched Miles even tighter. His words hurt me. Even deeply, but I didn't let it show. A part of me felt guilty and I almost gave in. But it had happened.

"I will not apologize for this. It is done...Before Eywa." Disappointment was on their faces.

"He belongs to me now." I looked up at the avatar's face beside me. Our eyes met. My heart was pounding to a stop.

"He is now..Ma'Miles."

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

//Hope you like it as always :) (920 words)//