The carnage (I)

//Hello hello I AM BACK! Yup I finally got the motivation again :) As always hihi I mark it with (🎶) if you should start the song:)
Song: Come fly with me -Ruelle//

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

The Ikran jumped off the ground with a loud screech, along with me and my brother. Neteyam steered it straight towards the reef, after the other Na'vi who rodes there skim-swings in the sea.

Once again, I turned my head back to the village and searched the beach for Miles. But he had disappeared. Probably already on his way with my dad.

"There they are!" Neteyam called out to me. I looked in the direction he was pointing. A cold shiver came over me when I saw the gigantic killer ship and the countless tiny sky people. I wanted to do something but I couldn't. Not yet. "Stop! Tell them to stop!" I heard my dad's voice on Neteyam's radio. Then I looked down and suddenly spotted him. He was right at the front with all the other Metkayina. The ship and the Na'vi were now "facing" each other. Only a few hundred meters separated them. My heart was pounding so hard that I almost felt sick.

"Neteyam keep your distance!" Again I heard a voice through the radio, but this time it was my mother. "Got it mom!" My brother confirmed and flew to the side. My excitement grew until I couldn't stand it any longer. "Argh, we have to do something! It's pointless from up here!"
"I know y/n we will, but we have to listen to mom." I just shook my head and focused back on what was happening below us.

After a while, I spotted Miles sitting behind a Metkayina on a skimwing. I was seething with fear. I prayed inwardly to Eywa that nothing would happen to my family and Miles...

(🎶)Nothing happened for quite a while. I heard nothing from up here except the whistling of the wind in my ears. "Argh what's happening down there Neteyam? I can barely make out anything!" I asked, slightly upset. "I don't know! Dad hasn't been in touch!" My brother also sounded worried. I tried again to see if I could recognize anything. Any possible changes but apparently nothing happened until...

"Greatmother! Y/n you see that!" When Neteyam cried out, I was startled for a moment. But not a second later, my attention was back on the water. And then I saw it. A huge tulkun piled up out of the water and suddenly hit the killer ship. Everything happened very quickly after that. The Metkayina stormed off. You could hear battle cries and gunfire. My adrenaline shot through my veins again. Then all you could hear from Neteyam's radio was: "Attack!!!" And not a moment later I felt the Ikran below me cry out. "Argh get ready y/n!!!" I immediately clung to the saddle and together we plummeted towards the sea.

Once we reached the bottom, it was pure carnage. Screams, bombs, gunfire everywhere. Metkayina fell dead into the water. Sky people were slaughtered. Many places were on fire. Everything was completely out of control. The fear almost suffocated me. I jerked my head around to spot anyone from my family, but I found no one. "Y/n watch out!" Neteyam dodged a missile with his ikran, which almost threw me down.

I grabbed an arrow and aimed at the small sky people boat from where the missile was fired. I skilfully hit the leader, causing it to crash into a rock and explode.

We flew, or rather stormed, aimlessly onwards. It all happened so fast that I could barely make out anything. I searched the area in vain for Miles. But instead I spotted Dad. He literally shot out of the water with his Skimwing and flew towards us. "Neteyam watch out! They're coming with the Ikrans!" Filled with fear, I turned in all directions until I spotted Lyle shooting around the corner with his ikran. His face was distorted with rage. Anger that was ready to kill.

My eyes widened as he suddenly took aim. Not at us, but at my father. "Dad behind you!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. Lyle started shooting. "No!" My brother also shouted behind me. "Help the others...! I can manage on my own!" My dad yelled through Neteyam's radio and disappeared from our field of vision. My breathing was wild. "No! Neteyam we have to help him!" I wanted to turn around and fly after him. There was no way he could escape Lyle on his own! "Dad is a warrior he can do it!" My brother shouted through the noise but I could hear that he was scared beyond belief.

...

After unbearably long minutes of killing sky people one by one, I suddenly saw the rest of my siblings tied up on the killer ship. My breath almost stopped. "There!!! They're down there!" I shouted, pointing at the monstrous thing below us. "Y/n we can't do anything, there are too many of them!" Replied Neteyam in a lightly trembling voice. "No I can do it! I am small! I'll sneak up and free them! No one will notice me!" Hope rose in me. Just a small spark, but it was enough to give me the necessary motivation. I can do it, it has to work. "No, absolutely not! Dad would kill you!" I looked briefly at my brother. Then I made a decision in a flash. When he flew close enough to the ship, I plucked up all my courage and threw myself off the Ikran. "Y/n no don't do that!" I heard Neteyam shout after me. But the sound of his voice was interrupted by my impact with the water. A dull pain went straight through my whole body and paralyzed me for a few seconds. The water felt like falling onto a stone.

After a short moment, however, the pain subsided and I fought my way to the surface with all my strength. Air flowed into my lungs again and I realized what I had done. A few meters further on, the gigantic ship stretched out in front of me. It was too big to climb up. At least for me.

My hope faded and my fear rose again until I suddenly noticed movement below me. Suddenly I was no longer swimming, I was stumbling on my feet. But how? I looked down and discovered the same Tulkun who had fallen onto the killer ship before. Speechless, I let him do it and he carried me closer to my destination. I understood what he was up to and the next moment I jumped off. The Tulkun threw me up just before the metal so that I flew into the air but didn't fall far. Immediately afterwards, I landed roughly on the roof of the ship.

I had to collect myself for a moment and regain my balance before I could continue. I ran quietly and carefully to get to my siblings. After a few meters, I reached my destination and breathed a sigh of relief. There they were. All unharmed and in good health. I was just about to jump down and free them until I heard a familiar dark voice. "Get them inside!... Let's lure them here!" I felt a shiver run down my spine. It was Lyle who I spotted immediately afterwards. "No! Let go of me!" Kiri screamed as I suddenly saw her being dragged into the interior of the ship. One by one, the others too.

Unnoticed, I wanted to sneak after them on the ceiling on bars. But a blue figure crawling out of the other end made me pause. Then I recognized him. Miles was just on his way to sneak into the ship...

 Miles was just on his way to sneak into the ship

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

//Godness I hope you enjoyed this. I have to work my way back in and get used to it hihi but here I am. :) (1331 words) //