Metkayina

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

I couldn't look that fast because Miles was holding his arm in front of me. With the other he had put on his gun and aimed it into the treetops. Startled, I blinked at his biceps and saw what was the reason for our excitement. A little smile formed on my face. "They're just Syaksyuk's. They won't hurt us, they're not aggressive." Suspiciously, his eyes wandered back and forth between me and the animals hanging from branches. I nodded calming until he finally lowered his arms.

...

(Picture credit: mine/ maybe it's my shadow but only maybe 🤭)

For a while now we were walking through the forest and the smell of salt was getting stronger and stronger. "Where do you think we are?" I asked out of nowhere. Miles sighed and pressed his lips together slightly. "I don't know." It seemed to really annoy him that he had no clue. Bored, I continued to walk beside him.

After a few meters I heard a noise. A kind of rustling that seemed to be still far away. "Do you hear that?" Miles nodded in agreement. "I think that's the ocean! I've never really been there!" Excited, my pace quickened a bit. "You've never been to the ocean?" Confused, Quaritch looked down at me. "Yeah. I only know stories about the sea clans but have never seen any." I could see from his face that he was thinking about something. "Have you... ever seen any?" I asked hesitantly. I didn't really know what made me do that. "No." I wasn't entirely convinced. Something was wrong, but I decided to let it be.

...

The thicket dissolved little by little and the treetops let more and more light shine through. In the meantime, the noise had actually turned out to be the sound of the sea and slowly we could see huge tree roots protruding into the water. "By Eywa that's not true there are Na'vi!" Just as I was about to run from our cover, Miles held me back with his arm. "We don't know if they're dangerous. Let's stay here for now." Thoughtfully, my eyes wandered to him and then back to the village in front of us. "Okay." I sighed. Actually, he was right. I didn't know this clan and I knew we had enemy clans out there, but I couldn't shake the feeling that he knew something.

So we decide to spend the night in the adjacent forest and wait....

-
Y/n lay peacefully curled up on the ground and slept. The Colonel, however, leaned against a tree and kept watch. He had to concentrate himself to keep his eyes open because the tiredness wanted to pull him constantly in his spell. He was caught up in microsleep until it finally won and he nodded off.

...

The night was surprisingly quiet, until the early morning. Still in the dawn, strange noises were to be heard. Miles ears twitched and a crack was heard which startled him. Suddenly he was wide awake and grabbed his gun. His instincts told him something was wrong and slowly he crept to y/n.
-

A gentle shake on my shoulder woke me up. "Hey...y/n wake up quick!" I heard Miles whisper dangerously. Sleepily, I rubbed my eyes in confusion. "W-What?" "Shhh." He put a finger to his mouth and raised his hand placatingly. Now I was back to myself and was carefully following every move he made. He turned in all directions and with his gun cocked he was wide to attack. "Come on we have to get out of here." With a queasy feeling I stood up and followed him.

Not 10 meters far, sea Na'vi jumped screaming out of the thicket and I gave a short squeal of fright. I saw one of the Na'vi knock the gun out of Miles hand and try to overwhelm him. "Miles!" That was all I could pay attention to because in the next moment I was grabbed from behind and hissed out in pain. "Argh!" A strong hand grabbed me tightly by my braid and forced me to my knees.

"Don't touch her!" I saw Miles knocking down the Na'vi and ran too me. He pushed the one who was holding me away and freed me. More and more of the villagers showed up and Quaritch lashed out. "Stop it please! Leave him alone!" I shouted but it was useless. I saw him being pushed to the ground and beaten. I ran towards them and tried to do something, but I was hardly noticed. Apart from the fact that I was much too small.

"Somebody tie up this demon woman!" Shouted one of the broader built Na'vi. Again I was grabbed from behind and pulled away from Miles. "No let go of me!" I tried to resist with all my might but it didn't help. Upset, I watched Miles get hit by three of the sea creatures and pushed to the ground. "Don't hurt him!" Blood was running from his nose.

He was pulled up and his arms were tied behind his back. His eyes moved to me and I looked at him, frightened. "Are you okay y/n?" He breathed heavily and spat blood from his mouth. "Y-yes." Was the only thing I could get out.

"Take them to the chief! I think that's him!" Both of us were roughly led away and out of the forest. "What do you mean with HIM?!" I asked scared. "You're not allowed to speak our language!" The leader shouted at me. "I'm a Na'vi!" The grip tightened on the back of my head and I hissed out. "Shut up!" Pain ran through my body. "Don't talk to her like that!" I heard Miles say next to me while he tried to fight back. "Shut you're Demon-mouth!"

A huge sandy beach stretched before my eyes and several sea Na'vi came running towards us.

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

//I went to the cinema for the fourth time...something's wrong with me. Sry today's chapter is shorter. Hope u like it anyways :) (1000 words)//