Caught in paradise

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

We were led across the beach into the village and brought to the heart of it. "Miles?" As I was roughly grabbed and pushed forward, I looked up sideways at him. His eyes met mine. "Quiet!" Shouted one of the sea na'vi, pulling at my braid and forcing me to my knees. I hissed out, cursing in pain. "Keep your filthy hands off her!" I heard Miles shout dangerously who was also forced to the ground by the Metkayina's strong arms. "Not a word y/n!" He groaned towards me and I just nodded in fear.

A short time later, silence suddenly returned to the commotion and the crowd made way. A tall-built- and a slender Na'vi approached us with quick steps. I held my breath as I realized it was the chief and the Tsahìk. Only the huffing and the roaring of the sea could be heard. The chief eyed us and circled us once. The Tsahìk stood a little apart and watched everything. "Yes..that's him." Started the chief. "Do you still remember us Demon?" He grinned hatefully and looked at Miles. The latter also looked at him with a cold expression. "I don't know what you're talking about." The sea na'vi inhaled sharply and grabbed him by the braid himself. Tense, I watched the whole thing and didn't know what to do. There was no way out. "Don't you dare deny it!" The leader pulled out a knife which made me uneasy. "Hey leave him alone!" I shouted, but was ignored. "Are you sorry at all?" Miles didn't reply anything and just stared him in the eyes. "You're going to pay for this." The chief raised his knife threateningly. "Hey hey! Don't hurt him! Stop it! Please!" I lost my composure because of the fear he would be hurt.

Suddenly he turned to me and let go of Miles. "Argh don't you dare and touch her!" I heard Quaritch shout after him as he came toward me. Now all the attention was on me. Wide-eyed, I looked at the Metkayina in front of me. "What are you? A sky person? Hardly. A na'vi? Absolutely not. More like a deformity." My expression darkened as I heard the hurtful words. "One more word and-." Miles was interrupted by a slap from one of the warriors. "I'm an Omaticaya!" I hissed angrily. "Ts sure." Laughed the Na'vi in front of me condescendingly.

"A deformity that doesn't belong here." A bright yet dangerous sounding voice rang out. The tsahìk stepped forward and took my chin in her hand. Roughly, she turned my face in both directions and eyed me from top to bottom. "No tail, but a braid. Human body, yet blue stripes on her skin. And our air she can breathe too." I pressed my lips together as she let go of me. "That ‚something' is dangerous." "I'm not a 'something'! I shouted hurt, and the tsahìk hissed at me threateningly. "Tie them both up back there and guard them!" Ordered the chief suddenly, and not a moment later we were pulled to our feet.

...

The sun was gradually setting and it had begun to rain. A little away from the village we were tied in the open air to one of the large roots. Two of the sea warriors stood a few meters away, guarding us. "Are you okay y/n?" Sounded the voice of Miles. Indifferently I looked at the sand under my feet and thought about the words the Tashík had said about me. Again and again I had to blink to ward off the raindrops running from my forehead. "Yeah sure...why wouldn't it." My words sounded tired and not honest. Audibly, he breathed in and out. "Why are these people angry at you?" I gathered all my courage and looked up at him while waiting for an answer. "I-I don't know." He returned somewhat absently. "Why do I find it so hard to believe you?" A twinge went through my chest and again he was silent. I wanted to believe him but something prevented me from doing so. "You've been here before?" I studied his face but he avoided my gaze. "Miles?" I tilted my head. "You don't understand." "You don't know that." The avatar next to me sighed heavily. "I've been there before yes." His voice was low, so low that I had to concentrate to understand it. "You- you didn't do anything bad did you?" "No not so-."

"Let's go Demon!" I startled and saw that two Metkayina were coming towards us. Only Miles they untied and left me behind. "She can stay here alone. She won't run away from us." "Uhm what are you doing? What are you doing to him?!" They ignored me and slept him with them. "Hey!?!" I shouted in a slight panic and saw that Miles eyes wandered once again at me. "It's okay." With a wave of his hand he indicated that I should stay calm. It would only cause more trouble. Horrified, I watched the three until they disappeared around a corner.

...

I heard a distant groan. It grew louder and louder until I was finally startled out of my sleep. I must have dozed off. A moment later I realized that it was a painful groan. Again and again followed by a bright beat and now and then a muffled noise. I listened in horror and realized that it was Miles who was suffering the pain. Then it hit me like a strong gust of wind. Was he being tortured?! My heart began to race. "Hello?! Hey! What the hell are you doing? Stop it!!! Stop it!!! Oh big mother!" I screamed so loud hoping they heard me.

For a while this went on. They did notice me, but no one cared. Desperately I tried to break away, but in vain. Tortured I had to listen to the suffering of Miles.

-
"Chief?" One of the Metkayina warriors approached him and bowed slightly. "Fiom of course come in. What is it?" The leader named Zllton made a hand gesture inviting him to sit down. "I'm not sure but I think the woman we hold captive is the one Tonowari is looking for." Zllton grabbed his chin thoughtfully. "She fits the description." He nodded and looked up as the tsahìk named Oeko entered the dwelling. "Did something happen?" She asked as she settled down next to the two. Zllton sighed slightly concerned. "I'm afraid we have a problem. The woman is the one wanted by our friend Tonowari." Oeko's eyes grew wide. "Are you guys sure about this? By Eywa that means we have treated her wrongly. " Silence returned and everyone hung their thoughts.

"But why is she with the demon?" Fiom asked in surprise. All three looked at each other confused and horrified at the same time.
-

I heard noises. A groaning and strange voices. I looked around but could see no one. In the meantime it had become completely dark and if the situation were different I could also concentrate on the beautifully shining sea, but that was not so. Then I recognized three figures coming around a corner. I tried to see who it was but it was too dark. "Miles?!" I called out in confusion. As if by reflex, I tried to free myself again. "There you go again." Laughed one of them and as they stepped out of the shadows, they threw Miles at my feet like a piece of dirt. Horrified, I looked down at him. "By Eywa!" He looked terrible. Bruises and lacerations adorned his face and torso. Blood ran from his nose and mouth. "You are monsters! Eywa will punish you for this!" I shouted. "Ts hahaha." Both of the sea creatures laughed and tied him back up next to me. Groaning, he spat the blood out of his mouth. The Metkayina turned their backs on us. "Come Iìllew we don't need to guard them anymore haha." With a snide look they looked again at the injured Quaritch until they disappeared again.

"Miles? Big mother are you okay?! What did they do to you?!" I wanted to help him, to fix him up, but my hands were literally tied. He sighed painfully. „ It's alright." Tears came easily and the feeling of revenge rose in me. I didn't know myself like that at all. "I want to help you... But those damn-." He interrupted me. "Y/n really-..It's okay." His words were quiet. Tormented, I eyed him and felt with him.

"I'll get us out of here..." Determined, I began to look for a way out.

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

//Hey I'm back sry it took so long. (1450 words)//