Attack (Edited)

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

I had fetched my bow and trotted now about our gathering place (I call it now simply so idk how that is called) and looked up into the trees. Again and again I thought to myself how beautiful my home was. "Y/n is everything okay with you?" Mom came up to me she must have seen me. "Yeah everything is fine Lo'ak just scared me again." She was now standing in front of me looking down. "That's not what I mean." She replied and put a hand to my cheek. I exhaled audibly. "I just want to be like you." Determined, she knelt down in front of me. "Now listen to me y/n you are like us okay? You may not have blue skin but you're still one of us. Look." She took up my braid and showed it to me. A little cheered up, I nodded and she pulled me into a hug. I returned it, of course. "Mom I'm supposed to ask you to help Lo'ak with his paint." My littlest sister Tuk (nickname) came out of a shelter. We disengaged and my mother rolled her eyes with a smile. "I'm coming." She glanced at me again, but then stood up. "I see you y/n." "I see you mom." Then she left.

...

I quickly climbed a tree to get some rest before the ceremony. While I was thinking about everything, I got a little tired. Sleepy I closed my eyes and nodded off.

~

"So y/n now slowly you need to choose your Ikran." The 15 year old nodded determinedly. Jake had given her various aids through her physical disadvantage. Half of the clan was present and it was all happening so fast. Everything had looked good at first. Y/n was able to swing on her animal, but then everything went downhill. Her body was too small and too weak to hold the Ikran. She could not even connect. He flung her off his back and y/n landed on the stones. Half unconscious and badly injured, she fell off the edge of the stone. Everyone screamed in panic. She fell and fell. Shortly before her father could catch her with a banshee she heard a voice soft yet loud. "Y/n...y/n wake up...wake up."
~

I woke up with a start and looked into the wide eyes of Kiri. "Hurry Lo'ak's ceremony is about to start hurry up!" "Shit." I cursed and followed her down from the tree.

...

Everyone was already there we arrived just in time. I stood next to my siblings and my mom. Lo'ak was just getting ready by my dad. Then it began. And as expected, he made it. It all happened very quickly. He sat on his Ikran and struggled with it. In a short quiet moment he connected with it. With one leap they plunged down the cliff and flew a lap. The Na'vi clapped. It was done. My father swung on his Ikran and flew to Lo'ak. My brother Neteyam did the same.

This went on for a while until the situation changed dramatically. Suddenly I heard some noises. A terrible noise that I could not interpret. Panic arose in the crowd. "The sky people are back!" someone shouted. Frightened, I looked up at my mom. She was as white as a sheet. The alarm was blown and the crowd scrambled. Warriors called their Ikran and flew off.

My father came flying up. "Neytiri they are here!" "I'm taking y/n and the kids away." My mom replied in a tone I hadn't heard from her before. "It's too late for that they're already too close I need you here." She nodded and turned to us. "Kiri get you and Tuk to safety." "But mom I can help!" "No you have to watch Tuk make you invisible." Reluctantly she nodded and pulled Tuk with her.

"Y/n you come with me!" my father shouted. I quickly sat down in front of him on the saddle and we flew off. "Now please listen to me carefully okay?!" I nodded quickly. "You will hardly see these sky people in their machines but shoot your arrows right into the top." "Yes sir!" Adrenaline bubbled up inside me. There had never been an attack like this before. "You're one of our best shooters you can do it!" he said and flew lower.

We turned around a hillside and it hit me like a blow. Huge machines hovered in the air. Shots and explosions everywhere. Warriors were striding and a few were falling lifeless from the sky. My heart was beating up to my throat. My breathing was rapid. Dad flew closer to the gray things in the air. "Now y/n!" he shouted. I took aim and fired. The glass shattered and the gray bird began to lose altitude. "Yes well done!" shouted my father.

We continued to race through the air. My brothers fought side by side with the other warriors. One bird after another I shot down from the sky. I discovered my mother shooting the sky people on the side. I could hardly recognize them, it all happened too fast.

Little by little there were less and less. And at some point my mother shot the last bird. With a loud bang it landed on the ground and the slaughter was over. My father shouted the battle cry of victory into the crowd and ordered the home away. "Well done y/n." he praised me, putting a hand on my shoulder from behind. At least I could do something, I thought to myself. Still in shock, we flew home.

...

Gathered together, we all stood by the Tree of Souls. My dad gave a speech. That the sky people were back and we had to be prepared for further attacks. I was praised by my mother for my courage. My brothers and sisters as well.

...

The evening had come and my family and I sat together and ate. Actually, everything was the same as always, but my parents behaved differently. Absent. I tried to ignore it and not let it show. "Time for bed," my mom said. "I'm going to do something," my dad remarked and disappeared outside. We looked after him in wonder. "Where are you guys going to sleep tonight?" my mom asked. She tried to hide her worry as well as she could, but I felt something wrong with my whole body. Tuk of course immediately shouted that she wanted to sleep with her. With us that was normal that actually all together go to sleep. Kiri nodded with a light smile to Tuk. My brothers said they sleep today in their beds. Actually, I am the dearest with my dad, however, I think this is not a good idea today. "I'm going to my bed. Good night." I said and went out. "Good night." my mother called after me. Today everything was just strange and agitated.

I had decided to sneak out tomorrow morning when everyone was still asleep and go to the downed Gray Bird machines. I'll have to take a closer look at it all. I didn't have time to do that during the battle.

I lay down and drifted off into a restless sleep.

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

//Oh man I really hope someone reads my story haha anyway I hope you liked it :)) 1203 words