Kindness

(Just as a recommendation I was listening to Fire on Fire by Sam smith when I was writing it and I think it just fits bomb)

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

I glanced at the door. As Miles entered the room. Blood was running from his nose and he had a black eye. Horrified, I wanted to stand up. He raised his hand. "Don't." I leaned in again and studied his face. At his presence, I calmed down again. He knelt down in front of me. "What did you do?" I asked cautiously. He said nothing and picked up a few leftover bandages from the table. He gently began to dab my wounds with one of them. My face distorted in pain for a moment. He paused. I gave him a nod to make him understand he could continue. While he removed the blood, I watched him. No expression was to be recognized and nevertheless his body screamed of emotions. He noticed that I was staring at him and our eyes met. Again Miles paused and looked me in the eye. We lingered like that for a few moments until he continued to doctor me. Embarrassed, I looked to the side.

He put small band-aids on my wounds and then turned his attention to my ribs. Quaritch was about to touch my side when he looked at me with a questioning expression. I nodded. His hands carefully touched my upper body. This began to tingle. But it didn't last long because it was then covered by a painful throbbing. He pressed lightly against my bruises. "Nothing is broken." he remarked softly. I had the feeling there was a certain tension in the air. Whether that was good or bad I didn't know. Attentively I watched every movement he made. I completely forgot that he was my kidnapper. I gathered my courage and asked him again. "What happened?" He closed his eyes briefly and inhaled audibly. "I did what had to be done." he spoke softly. I didn't quite know what that meant but I left it at that. Carefully he smeared an ointment on my bruises. It left goose bumps on the areas he touched. I didn't know what was going on and tried to ignore it.

He then took a fresh cloth and slowly wiped the remaining tears from my face. Again I watched him. He wasn't that bad, was he? Why is he always so bitter? He is actually nice, isn't he? Thoughts were running through my head. What are you thinking? Our eyes met again and he examined my face. Then he looked away in a flash. Somewhat disappointed, I did the same.

„Done." began Miles. He seemed restrained again. He stood up and started to leave. "It's getting late. I'll leave you alone tomorrow then." I was puzzled and became uneasy. "What Why? Don't go!" I shouted a little too loudly. He stopped and stood with his back turned to me. "Why?" he asked quietly. "Because-." I didn't know what to say. Generally, I didn't know what I was doing here at all. "If Fleet comes back then-." He turned around. "He's not coming back believe me." Then it dawned on me why he wouldn't be coming back. "What if he does?" I had really developed a fear of this Lyle.

He seemed to be thinking, but then sat down on the small chair. I exhaled in relief. I didn't know what to say, but then I remembered his injuries. I got up and stood in front of him. Confused, he looked down at me a little. Despite sitting, he was still taller than me and followed my every move. I grabbed the first aid kit and searched through it. I still didn't quite understand this sky person stuff. When I found a suitable cloth I wanted to wipe his face with it. My hand wandered up to it, but Miles moved away a little and scrutinized my approach. His eyebrow twitched slightly. I paused briefly and thought I had done something wrong. But in the next moment he went back to his starting position and looked at the side. Relieved, I began to touch his skin.

-
Quaritch didn't know what y/n was up to, but he let it happen. This behavior did not fit him at all, but with her he was different. Because she was different. Different from the rest. He had noticed that from the beginning. He hated it and yet he did not move a millimeter. Her touches left a strange warmth that he could not interpret properly and had never felt before.
-

Carefully I wiped the blood from his face and dabbed his nose. I was driven by something I did not know yet. My head screamed that I should stop. Run away. Try to hit him or just hate him, but I skillfully ignored it. This just felt right. I looked at his blue skin and the dark stripes. His nose that wasn't too big, but not too small either and his lips that matched his face perfectly.

I took the same ointment in my hand as he did and applied some to his outer eye. Suddenly his eyes wandered to me. I tried to concentrate on the injuries and continued. Not once did he flinch from the pain. In the corner of my eye, I saw Miles watching me. A barely recognizable smile flitted across my lips.

-
Miles was looking at her in the early moonlight. He didn't want to believe it but y/n was beautiful in his eyes. No he wasn't allowed to think that. There are thousands of women in the world. He tried to resist but lost the fight. At that moment he realized that he would protect her from anyone who dared to touch her. But he could not lose sight of his real mission. If he hadn't already.
-

When I was finished I sat down at the window and looked up at the moon. Legs bent and arms wrapped around them, I leaned my head against the pane. For quite a while I just sat there and looked outside. It was quiet in the room, but it was not an uncomfortable silence, rather a soothing one. My eyelids became heavy and I closed them only for a short moment. But from exhaustion I fell asleep directly.

-
Quaritch watched y/n until he noticed that she had closed her eyes and her breathing was steady. He didn't believe himself that he was doing that, but he got up quietly and walked towards her. He hesitated briefly and wanted to turn around and leave. But something drove him not to do so. He carefully lifted her up. Slowly he put her into bed. For a moment he looked at her again and then he went out of the room...

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

//Puh its hot in here man i really couldn't write anymore it's so cuteness overloaded ahh hope it all fit and you don't find it to much yk. Anyways sorry for my bad English :) (1140 words)//