Between recovery and new danger

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

Quite a while passed in which the doctor explained to us how it went on. He said that I would be completely back on my feet in a week. Literally. I was quite confused how this could happen so quickly with my severe injuries. He tried to tell me quite simply, in his opinion, that with their technology and knowledge they had it will work. I still didn't understand it. Well, if that should actually work, I would be really impressed.

"Well then. Tomorrow we'll start the therapy." The doctor mumbled, busy, while he looked at some device and left the room.

A what? Silence spread through the room until I heard Miles clear his throat. I glanced over at him and saw him get up to leave. "Where're you going?" I asked. "I have things to do." He paused for a moment. "I've been here way too long." Astonished, I eyed him. "Uhm okay...but you'll be back, right?" I remarked how strange that sounded. "I mean I don't know anyone else here."

Miles turned to me again. "Maybe. But I have a mission to accomplish." Yes of course. I had forgotten why I was here. So I looked a little annoyed stubbornly forward, until I heard him sigh and leave the room shortly after.

...

-
"Colonel sir a word?" Quaritch turned to one of the lab men and followed him outside a little away. "What is it?" The human seemed agitated. "Through the data you had recovered from the lab and the additional information and DNA from Dr.Thomson, we are able to develop an avatar for y/n. Miles looked at him in surprise. "That will take years, of course, but we would have the capability." The Colonel considered. He didn't know what was wrong with it so he agreed and the lab coat nodded with satisfaction. "Okay then, I'll just have to work it out with the people from up."
-

...

(Time skip 1 week later)

The days that had passed felt like I had dreamed them. Every single one of them I had to do these strange exercises and I got some kind of medication. Miles also showed up from time to time, but that was limited. But there was one good thing. My injuries were almost completely healed and in the meantime I could walk again. As much as I was impressed, somehow it was wrong. So unnatural. Eywa had other ways of dealing with such things, but not like this.

I sat bored on the hospital bed. Thanks to Eywa I had my normal clothes on again and not this sky people stuff. That had been really terrible. Some time ago I had insisted with all my might to get my things back. As you can see with success.

The door opened with a slight squeak and Miles entered the room. "Y/n it's time to get out of here." Excited, I looked up at him. "Are you serious?! Really!?" I hadn't been this happy in a long time. I bit my lip to keep from freaking out and hopped off the bed. "Hey take it easy you're not 100% yet." He said and was already taking a step towards me. But I didn't need his help. "Oh, I'm fine." I waved him off and couldn't interpret Quaritch's look.

I followed him through the corridors of the so-called hospital. "So what now?" Miles looked down at me briefly. "We fly out with the others. The scouts found something there." I rolled my eyes. "You've got to be kidding me. Trotting around pointlessly in the woods again? What's the point of all this?" I saw him press his lips together as if he didn't like it. "I can't tell you that." "You can't tell me w-?!" I sighed, annoyed. "You know what I don't care." I muttered to myself even though I did care.

"We're not going straight to the forest. But you'll see then." I didn't want to admit it but it piqued my interest.

...