One last gift (I)

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

1 month later.

Time felt like it would never pass. I became thinner, paler, the glow behind my eyes was gone.

After Miles unofficial funeral, everything was gray. The Metkayina didn't want him to be accepted by their ancestors, so my dad decided to bury my partner's invisible soul like an Omatikaya in a small circle for my sake. I was infinitely grateful to him for this, but I couldn't show him that at the time. I was too caught up in the grief.

I knew that my parents were worried. I hardly spoke and withdrew. I could only think about one thing...and that was HIM.

That one month was the most horrible month of my life. After the first two weeks of blind pain, I tried to distract myself. I really tried...to participate in the Metkayina life, to be present at celebrations and whatever else you did when you were happy... but I couldn't ignore the deep hole in my soul. There was no distraction for something like that.

...

"Take this honey." I squatted on the floor of our house and stared at my feet. Then I looked up and looked at my mother, who was also sitting on the floor. With a warm smile, she held out a large leaf full of food to me. Sighing, I took it from her and examined what was actually a fragrant meal. But since...Miles, everything is different. "You need to eat y/n." She said worriedly. "But I'm not hungry." I replied quietly in a tired voice. There were days in which I ate more, but there were also days in which I hardly ate at all. "Please do it for M-." Like a flash, my eyes darted upwards and glared at her with a warning look. This
made her falter and then sigh. "Do it for me. For you. For all of us." She literally begged. "We're worried. Please eat something." My gaze softened again and sank back to the food in my hands.
"Y/n listen to your mother, she only means well." I suddenly heard my father say, who was now standing in the doorway looking at me.

I slowly felt anger boiling up inside me. "I said I'm not hungry." Then my mother suddenly stood up and looked irritated. "Oh great mother, y/n you're going to be sick!" Now I also jumped up and became louder. "I'm not hungry! Don't you get it!" With these words, I stormed past my father, out to the beach without the food. "Y/N!" I heard Mom call after me until I was far enough away. Then I started running and headed for the big rocks in the surf.

-
"Ma'tiri!" Jake stopped her by the shoulder. "Let her go." "But she has to-." Jake sighed. "I know but..she needs time." Neytiri sighed deeply too and sank to her knees. "What are we going to do, Ma'Jake?" She pressed her hands to her face. "I..I don't know." He hugged his wife and tried to comfort her, but Jake had also no idea what else to do. It couldn't go on like this...

2 days later.

"Norm, what the hell are you doing here?" Jake shouted stunned and raised his hand protectively over his eyes. An Omatikaya helicopter painted blue and white had landed in the middle of the Metkayina beach seconds ago, throwing the whole village into disarray. In the meantime, they had gathered in a circle around the event. The rotor blades were still in full swing, whirling up a storm of sand grains. "We uh- We wouldn't be here if it wasn't really important!" Norm shouted back through the noise and jumped out of the helicopter. "Ma'Jake! Ma'Jake! What happened?!" Neytiri pushed her way through the Na'vi crowd until she finally reached Jake, Norm and Max.

Norm cleared his throat and prepared to explain everything to them. The engine had stopped by now and the four of them were able to talk normally. "So uhm..." "Spit it out!" Jake demanded impatiently. Norm's eyes widened. "All right, then. I'll try to be brief." He took a deep breath and began.

"About two days ago, out of nowhere, we received in our laboratory an anonymous tip about a location. The tip also said that this was still an open will. But it came from none other than Miles Quaritch!" Neytiri was shocked, she didn't know how to react and pressed her hand to her chest. Jake was frozen and waited for Norm to continue. "Believe me, we were just as shocked as you were... Anyway, we left immediately and followed the coordinates into a densely overgrown and remote forest...There we found a transportable lab like ours...We were skeptical whether the whole thing was really such a good idea or maybe a trick. But it wasn't." Norm paused and looked at the two Na'vi with shining eyes. "Jake...Neytiri." He eyed the two in turn penetratingly. "In the lab we found a container with a growing avatar... The DNA belongs to Y/n! The avatar belongs to Y/n!"

The words were like loud gunshots, causing everyone to fall silent. Jake and Neytiri froze. Then Neytiri inevitably gasped. Jake rubbed his face. This couldn't be true! The two of them couldn't believe what Norm had told them. Then Max suddenly spoke up and cleared his throat. "I know it's hard to believe, but that's not all. We've already moved the container a little further away from here in the forest, and we've also examined the DNA and the equipment. Y/n's unique DNA and structure has accelerated the growth process by 70%. This means that if the growth progress keeps up this pace...Y/n's avatar body will be fully grown and ready in 5.4 years...

Neytiri looked like she was about to cry or vomiting. It was hard to tell the difference at this point. "I- I need to sit down." Jake stuttered and sat down on the open area of the helicopter. "Tell me again. Please. I- I just can't believe this."

...

After a while, Jake and Neytiri had calmed down again. Norm was sure that he could mention the little note now. "There's one last thing I haven't told you yet." He stared at the parents. "There was a note on the container. Written in a jumble. Also too big for a human hand." He began to read from his tablet:

|𝓨/𝓷

𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓷𝓸 𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓪 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓘'𝓶 𝓭𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮. 𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝔀𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓻 𝓷𝓸𝓽. 𝓘 𝓪𝓶 𝔀𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓵𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓭𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓪𝓼𝓵𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓶𝓮. 𝓐 𝓹𝓪𝓵𝓾𝓵𝓾𝓴𝓪𝓷 𝓱𝓪𝓼 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓪𝓬𝓴𝓮𝓭, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓵𝔂 𝓲𝓷𝓳𝓾𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾.

𝓘 (𝓬𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓸𝓾𝓽)

𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓮. 𝓘 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵-

𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓾𝓽 (𝓬𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓸𝓾𝓽)

𝓐𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓾𝓶:

𝓘'𝓿𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓪𝓿𝓪𝓽𝓪𝓻 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓪𝓯𝓮𝓽𝔂 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾. 𝓜𝔂 𝓯𝓮𝔀 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓵𝓸𝔂𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓴𝓮𝓹𝓽 𝓲𝓽 𝓼𝓪𝓯𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝓷𝓸𝓷𝔂𝓶𝓸𝓾𝓼.

𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓷𝓸 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮. 𝓦𝓔 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮.

𝓘𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼, 𝓘'𝓶 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓫𝓪𝓫𝓵𝔂 𝓭𝓮𝓪𝓭.

𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾
|𝓜𝓲𝓵𝓮𝓼

Max had finished and looked up again. Jake and Neytiri looked at him with wide eyes.

"Take us there!"

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

//Hope you like the change :) (1204 words)//