I'm the boss of the mafia, how could I let something like this happen? This could have been avoided if I had done more. No, he would not have been able to take her without first going through me. As trite and cringey as those sounds, if I ever get her back, I will never let anyone hurt her again, even if it means getting hurt myself.

I get out of the shower, dry off, and wrap a towel around my waist. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth. After applying lotion to my skin and deodorant under my arms, I take some gel and push my hair back a little, leaving a piece in front and watching as some of it curls up.

Damn thing always escaping

I put various rings on my hand and unconsciously placed one of the rings with her initials on it on my ring finger.

I step out of the bathroom with the towel still wrapped around my waist, into the closet, and look for something to wear. After I find it, I change into my boxers and put on my clothes.

After I finish getting ready, I see the others waiting for me. Lorenzo and Alfonso were both dressed in a black button-down with black pants. The three trios were dressed formally in suits and dress shoes.

Atticus was dressed in a white button-down shirt and black dress pants. His blonde hair was slicked back, enhancing the scar across his face.

He says, "Ready," and I nod. Even though I felt nervous for no apparent reason.

Why was I so nervous?

As we heard a baby cry, Atticus rolled his eyes. "Every time I go on a mission, she does this. I promised to return and read her a bedtime story."

We all nodded and left the house, getting into the car and driving to Club Fantasy.

~~

When we arrived at the club, I observed how crowded it was and how there were more guards than normal. Meaning that the two mafias were already here but we've been here for 5 minutes, and I haven't seen Thalia yet nor another Russian.

"Aw shit," I hear someone say through my earpiece. I roll my eyes and gulp down the liquid in my glass. "She's dancing on me," says Lorenzo.

I hear cheering from what sounds like Atlas.

"Stop acting like a virgin and focus," Alfonso adds as he pours drinks for others.

"Fuck you," he says, and the trios snicker, prompting Atticus to threaten them.

"You fools need to focus and keep an eye on the doors," I say as I look around. I make eye contact with a girl and turn away because I don't want to talk to her.

Hopefully she doesn't come over here

My hopes were crushed as she strutted over here, bending slightly so I could view her breast. I keep my gaze away from her and glance around the room.

Where the hell is she?

"Hello, handsome," she says as she tries to touch me, but I quickly jump up. "Don't touch me," I say sternly.

"Hm, but this is a strip club, so that's what we do." She says this as she runs her fingers across the front of my pants.

What the fuck? Am I being harrassed?

I literally told her I didn't want her touching me, but she still did it. If it were the other way around, I would be called a variety of derogatory terms.