Penultimate stage

She walked into a dark room with wary steps , her eyes glancing at the corner , worried that she might be followed . As she stepped into the room , her gaze was fixated on a hospital bed in the center of the room , with light shining on it from above , surrounded by screens that displayed various parameters, like heart and respiratory rate , and several tube going in and out of the bed . The person sleeping in the bed had the sheets on their head , making it impossible to see their face . She approached the sleeping person with wary steps , being swayed by curiosity to see who that person was , and fear of seeing their face . She reached out to the edge of the bedsheet with trembling hand , and she was just about to grab it when someone called out to her ...

" I wouldn't do that if I were you " a feminine young and playful voice advised her from the shadows " you really don't want to see this person's face , I know you don't "

" wh—who ... ?! " she immediately pulled her hand away and looked into the darkness of the room " who's there ... ? "

" so you don't recognize an old friend from her voice ? " the person talking to her walked into the range of the light , revealing herself as Al " I'm glad you're back in the real world again "

" what ... what did you mean ... earlier ... "

" oh c'mon ... you know what I mean ... " Al grinned playfully " isn't it about time you wake up , Alina ? "

The members of SEES were sitting in the lounge , each doing their own thing

The members of SEES were sitting in the lounge , each doing their own thing . Akihiko and Ken were reading a newspaper , while Shinjiro was feeding Koromaru . Meanwhile , the girls were talking about buying a new swimsuit, before Yukari put the conversation on hold to scold Junpei who was eavesdropping on their talk . The front door of the dorm was opened and in came Minato and Minako , but as their friends were about to welcome them , they were alarmed to see Lina and Alice entering the dorm right behind them .

" she ... she regained consciousness ? "

" Arisato thought it would be for the best to discuss this situation with everyone, as Nanjo-sama knows more about Project RES than anyone else here "

" but ... but my daughter ... " Lina said anxiously

" these people are our only chance to save the young mistress " Alice replied humbly " I implore you to trust them , my lady "

" who ... who are they ... ? " Lina looked at them warily

" I believe an introduction is in order ... " Alice said , beckoning Lina to sit on the sofa " if you may , Nanjo-sama ... "

The members of SEES introduced themselves to Lina and told her everything to this point , how they met with Alina , the incident in the school and in the Nanjo mansion, their meeting with Cid , what they knew of Project RES and Project EVE . Their battles with the Lunar Nation and their control over Minato and Minako , and how they managed to partially break them free , and then later how Alina feigned her betrayal so she could save Minato and Minako . The two of them also told Lina of how they know of her , how she appeared in the nick of time to hold Nyx when they failed to do so . Throughout this whole conversation , Lina was listening like she didn't know what to believe , but just looking at the eyes of everyone around her , she could see the honest determination in their eyes . There was no denying that they were indeed telling her the truth , and once they concluded that , the only thing left for her was to speak her own side of the story , but she remained silent , her eyes fixated on the ground and she looked like she was in shock .