Ascension To Reality - Part I

The blue train that had been Nanami's velvet room had come to a complete stand still, she was sitting in her compartment, her hands clutching her head while she sobbed quietly. Igor was nowhere to be seen in that room, the only one besides her was her servant Finis. He was watching her quietly, not uttering a single word nor moving a muscle, as she cried by herself. She was aware of what was transpiring just outside the velvet room, her father's fight with Nyarlathotep, the members of SEES facing Riou and the manifestations of her mind, the sound of their fighting was echoing in her head, almost driving her insane.

" wh—what should I do... I'm... I'm scared... " she sobbed " somebody... please help... "

" tell me, what do you want to do? " Finis asked calmly, prompting her to look at him with her teary eyes " that is the only term of your contract, my lady, to choose your own path rather than allow the interfering forces to choose it for you, so forget the people fighting outside, shush their noises and tell me what you want "

" I... what... what I want... " Nanami muttered, closing her eyes and thinking deeply " I want... I want this all to stop... the DEVA system, the Lunar Nation, my father, they did everything they could to keep me alive, but their actions brought so much suffering to everyone... " a shiver coursed through her bones " but... but if I want all of this to end, I have to forfeit my life... the only reason I'm alive now is because of... because of the DEVA system "

" I see... "

" what should I do, Finis? " she looked at her assistant anxiously

" my lady, as the residents of the velvet room, we do not interfere with the lives of our masters " Finis replied sternly " and even if I was allowed to interfere, I cannot save you from your predicament. The only one who can decide how this crisis will conclude is you "

 The only one who can decide how this crisis will conclude is you "

" Jormongandr! "

Riou declared, summoning his Persona to attack the members of SEES, and with his declaration, the manifestations of Nanami's fantasy began attacking them as well. Cosmos and Null flanked them from the side, the blond girl and the girl with the cards took them from the front and the back, and Alma stayed far from them to attack at a safe distance with her cannon. The members of SEES quickly adjusted their formation for that ambush, putting Fuuka in the center to protect her while they faced their enemies. Minato and Minako took on Riou and his overpowering Persona, Aigis and Alice took on Null and Cosmos. The rest tried to take on the girl with the scales and the girl with the cards, all while trying to defend against Alma's shots.

Minato and Minako both summoned their most powerful Personas to attack Riou, but when he casted a torrential spiral of lightning at them from his Persona, they were left paralyzed and defenseless for when he followed that up with Kali, attacking Minako directly and rendering her even more weakened. When Minato recovered, he summoned both Decaberia and Forneus to boost himself and Minako's powers, Riou was left in disbelief to see them summon two Personas at once, though Minako left him with little time to process that as she summoned Rangda to weak his powers instead, while Minato called Orpheus Picaro to attack him directly. He quickly called Jormungandr to stop Minato and his Persona, only the difference in their strengths now meant that Orpheus Picaro was able to effortlessly cleave Jormungandr in half with her spiked harp. The headache that Riou felt in that moment forced him on his knees, he was starting to realize the difference in the potential between the twins and himself. Minako quickly summoned Orpheus Telos next, casting a powerful blast that knocked Riou against the door of the Crystalline Stairway. The twins were about to deal the finishing blow, but then the two of them were engulfed in a blooming icicle pillar, allowing Riou to regain his footing and summon Thor, hammering a powerful attack that shattered the ice and left them cold and weakened.