The point of no return - Part I

She found herself plunged into an endless darkness , she could hear many voices in that abyss , clashing and blurring each other . Soon , her consciousness began to clear up , and she found herself back in the velvet room , except only Igor was there . Maybe it was because the velvet room was significantly darker this time , but she couldn't see Igor's face very well , and the only thing that clued her to his presence was his bald head , and his voice which seemed to come from the walls of the velvet room itself , rather than the man sitting before her . She tried to speak with him , but she didn't find her voice . However , she felt something cold on her lap , it was a glass mask shaped like a butterfly . She took a deep breath and put the mask on , just as Igor spoke .

" we meet again ... " he said , his voice ominously rippling through the walls of the velvet room " I regret to inform you that we will no longer welcome you in these halls "

" what ?! No , you can't do that ! " the girl with the mask said anxiously

" we have been patiently and knowingly observing your actions and weighing your choices , and I believe that my assistant had informed you that you were not abiding by your contract—"

" Yes , I'm abiding by it , you're just not paying attention enough !!! "

" oh ho ho ... I admire your confidence , my guest ... " she could see the light reflecting off of a flawless set of teeth in the man before her , as if he was grinning from ear to ear . She wondered if she made a mistake by challenging Igor on his job " Regardless  , I cannot just accept your words as they are , for the time to negotiate with words is past "

" I know that ... "

" very well " Igor knelt closer , now his face was more clear and his grin even more menacing " allow me to test your knowledge , and your commitment to your word ..."

Fuuka collapsed on her knees in despair , as she watched the tragedy unfold before her

Fuuka collapsed on her knees in despair , as she watched the tragedy unfold before her . She could only see a side of it through the surveillance cameras , but she clearly saw Alina being stabbed . She sobbed and wept fervently, lamenting how she could have probably saved Alina had she been able to call Juno , maybe she could have sensed the presence of the Lunar Nation subordinates , or maybe she could have teleported them back to the dorm, where they could have rushed Alina to help much faster .

" we ... we lost them ... " Fuuka sobbed " we lost Alina and Cid ... they were just children , they didn't deserve to die like this ! Had I ... Had I been strong enough ... maybe ... "

" Fuuka , I'm going to fight ... " Junpei said as he glared at the screen

" what ?! No , I can't allow you to do that ! " Fuuka cried " if we lose you , too , I don't think I can take this anymore ! "

" and what do you want me to do ?! Just sit down and watch my friends die one by one ?! I was powerless to save someone dear to me once , and now I had to live through that all over again! I'm done , okay ?! "