Broken birds

The members of SEES gathered in the lounge once again in the afternoon the next day , they barely had any sleep after the conversation they had last night . Between the revelations thrusted upon them , and the the novel sensation that Minato and Minako were back , it was hard to sleep again . They feared that Minato and Minako would disappear again , they feared that the Lunar Nation might attack again , all of this among other thoughts filled their minds and kept them awake the whole night . Thankfully the next day was Sunday, so they didn't have to wake up early . By the time it was the afternoon and they were all in the lounge , each one of them had just woken up , having only slept for few hours . Minato noticed Alice inspecting Lina worriedly , and he wondered if something was up .

" she needs to go to the hospital after all , I think she's growing paler " Alice said dejectedly " I hate to think what would happen if the Lunar Nation or the Lunarians try to kill her , but I can't keep her here or her condition might worsen "

" take her to the hospital , I'll keep watch over her " Minato replied sternly

" then I'll come with you ! " Minako chimed in

" no , if those so-called Lunar Nation decide to attack us instead , you must be here to help everyone "

" but ... but I can't let you stay with her alone , you wouldn't be able to fight off on your own ! "

" then I'll go with him " Aigis said eagerly , and with her Junpei and Fuuka also decided to follow Minato

" very well ... I'll arrange for her to be transported to a hospital " Alice sighed , she was still reluctant to agree on that , but at this point they had no choice

 I'll arrange for her to be transported to a hospital " Alice sighed , she was still reluctant to agree on that , but at this point they had no choice

Shinjiro was by himself in the kitchen , he was feeling hungry so he decided to make a quick sandwich for himself . He was just about to start cooking when Minako entered the kitchen as well, she looked tired and ragged , apparently she had been thinking over what had transpired in the past months , she couldn't even look other people in eye , not that Shinjiro could look at her either. Instead of talking to Shinjiro , she just took out a cup and began preparing hot chocolate for herself . Shinjiro thought of what he could say to her at that moment , he wondered if he should repeat to her that what happened wasn't her or her brother's fault , or if that would only make her feel more pain . While he was trying to think of the right words to say , Minako had finished preparing a cup of hot chocolate for herself, his train of thoughts was interrupted when Minako flinched from the unexpected heat of her drink .

" careful with ... that ... " Shinjiro instinctively said sternly , but his words trailed off as he looked at Minako " you let your hair down ? "

" hm ? Yeah ... I did ... " Minako let a short dry laugh escape her " ahaha ... this is the first time you see me without my small ponytail , isn't it ?"

" is that so ... ? " Shinjiro said as he used a knife to cut the sandwich he had just finished making in half , passing Minako one half of it " here ... I don't think you touched your dinner "