The Theatre Of Lies - Part III

In a forest ,below the starry sky , stood one lone girl , cladded in tattered grey armor with sheathed sword and dagger strapped to her hip . She was sobbing quietly in the forest . That was when a familiar voice called her from the back , a voice that sounded so warm and sincere , a voice that she cherished with every fiber of her being , but one that only brought her pain when she heard it that night .

" Cosmos , wait ! " the voice called out to her , now behind her , he said " you don't have to do this ! "

" why ... why did you come here ... " she kept her back to him , but it was clear from her voice that she was crying " you've seen what I'm capable of , what this darkness inside me is capable of ! "

" listen ... I think we can ... " he tried to approach her slowly

" no , you listen , Null ! " she finally turned to him , her eyes reddened with tears " don't you see , it's no use ! This dark power inside me can't be suppressed , it's like a geyser of water that can't be halted ! I keep trying to hold it back , but I feel like I'm losing my mind , as it becomes more and more savage ! The more despair and anger I feel , the greater it grows , and I can't lie to myself when we're faced with a life-threatening situation , okay ?! Eventually ... it'll consume me completely ... and when that happens ... I ...... "

" you don't believe that , I know you don't . Even in that dark hour , you were still in control "

" this feeble control will be lost one day , too , and I'm not going to wait until that happens ! "

" then ... we can ... think of something else ... " he said slowly , as if he was trying to buy himself time to think of a solution . As if it was an inspiration from the heaven , his face lit up , and he eagerly said " instead of suppressing the dark power , you can let it run loose "

" let it ... run loose ... are you serious ? " she glared at him with her tear-soaked eyes " great plan , brains ! I let my powers run loose , then I realize I killed you ... and killed Alma and Jenna and Ed and ... and ... WHAT EXACTLY DID WE ACHIEVE ?!! "

" I wasn't finished yet , was I ? " he replied confidently " I said let your power loosen , but not at us . Instead of suppressing it , trying focusing it on something else . Convince yourself that your emotions of despair and anger are all caused by the enemy , and ignore everything else . Your powers rely on emotions , so if you continue to bottle them up they'll explode in even greater masses , like a pressure pot . Instead of silencing these emotions , manipulate them , and when you do that you'll manipulate the darkness with them "

" you ... you can't be serious ... such a simple thing ... " before she realized it , she had stopped trying " I ... I want to believe this ... can I control my dark powers ... this easily ? "

" yes , I know you can " he took her hand and held it reassuringly " I believe in you , Cosmos , so believe in yourself , okay ? "

" okay ... I'll try to believe ... in myself ... too ... "