The bookworm

It was the end of another long day at school , and many students were exhausted out of their minds by the time the bell rang . Alina had slept through the last lesson , so she was feeling great , unlike many other students in the class . She was stretching her arms after a good nap in the history lesson , when Sumire turned and asked her if she would come to the library committee today .

" sure , I would love to " Alina said eagerly " I had my rest during the history lesson , I'm honestly surprised he didn't call me out ! "

" hehe ... that's because he wasn't teaching the sengoku period " Sumire giggled " he teaches the other historic periods so half-heartedly you might as well just read the book, but the moment we reach the sengoku period he becomes an entirely different teacher ! He explains in great detail every single event , even going on tangents about events we're not supposed to cover or even his feelings about it ! "

" are you serious ?! "

" and you'd better not fall asleep in his lecture then , or else ... ! "

" on my God ... I feel tired just thinking about it ... let's just go to the library already ! "

The work in the library was boring , as all they had to do was record the books that were borrowed or returned , then later organizing the books back in their shelves

The work in the library was boring , as all they had to do was record the books that were borrowed or returned , then later organizing the books back in their shelves . While it was boring , it was oddly relaxing . Alina had been going through many intense situations since the reveal that her family could be behind the Lunar Nation , and then to mask the mental anguish she focused on playing difficult games , which admittedly helped keep her mind occupied , but was also tiring . Having the chance to be quiet and reflect on whole situation made her feel staggered , and it was only when Sumire pointed out that she was crying , the she quickly wiped her eyes .

" sorry ... I just ... a lot has been happening recently ... " Alina wiped her eyes frantically " oh God ... I hope I wasn't crying in front of other students ! "

" n—no ... not that I'm aware of it ... " Sumire quickly placed the last book in her hand back to its place , before hastily checking on Alina " do you want to sit down ? "

" I'm fine ... I'm actually glad I got the chance to slow down and think about everything that happened ... we thought we were onto something when we infiltrated my family's mansion , thinking it was some kind of secret base for the Lunar Nation . Apparently , we were wrong "

" and then you were attacked by some thugs ... " Sumire sighed " you know , Casper , you're much stronger than me , you've always been . If I was in your place I would be in shambles by now ! "

" it's because I'm surrounded by good friends , who think of me as family " Alina smiled sweetly " I definitely won't be able to endure all of this if I was alone "

" I'm glad to hear that ... we're always here for you , Casper "

Just then , the loud sound shook the entire library , as if an entire wall collapsed . Alina and Sumire anxiously followed the source of the sound , and much to their horror , they saw that an entire bookshelf had toppled down , along with all the books that it contained . Among the books , emerged a proud-looking Shinoa . She raised her hand , chanted some weird incantation , before the pale silhouette of a unicorn emerged and healed her wounds .