Chapter 40

((Earlier))

*CLICK*

Taiju unlocks the door to his apartment and steps to the side to let you in first.

Taiju- "Come in."

You nod and step inside, removing your shoes before stepping inside more.

After that, you slowly make your way to the living room, immediately going to the large window to look at the city view.

Taiju was right.

Not too high and not too low.

But enough for the view to have you looking out in awe.

Taiju closes the door and kicks off his shoes as he watches you look around before he places his keys on the coffee table.

Taiju- "Alright, let me show you where you'll be staying at."

You turn to him and watch him enter the hall.

You follow after him and he opens a room on the left.

You look inside and see its a room with a bed and 1 dresser that has 6 handles and a night stand with a lamp on it.

Taiju- "My room is the one closer to the entrance, just knock if you need anything."

He says as he enters the room and places your duffel bag and luggage on the bed.

You- "Yeah, thank you."

Taiju hums.

Taiju- "Do you need help unpacking?"

You shake your head.

You- "No, I can still use my arm, just as long as I don't lift it up all the way or put too much pressure on it."

Taiju nods and makes his way out of the room.

Taiju- "I'll be in the living room if you need anything."

You smile and nod and watch him exit the room.

Taiju goes and sits in the living room and turns the TV on.

He doesn't really watch TV much but he just wanted some noise in the apartment just so it doesn't sound awkward as he listens to the unpacking in the guest room.

He was watching the news for about half an hour when his phone suddenly goes off.

*DING*

He reaches into his pocket and checks the screen on his phone and sees that he recites a text.

Are you alone?

Taiju sighs and flips his phone open to text back.

What's going on?

Taiju replies back and waits a few seconds before his phone goes off again.

I have a new job for you. Call me when you can.

Taiju sighs then turns his head to look down the hall and sees your door is open.

So he gets up to head to his room.

Leaving the TV on so you don't overhear the conversation.

He closes the door then goes to dial the number.

Bringing his phone up to his ear and waits as the phone rings in the other side.