Chapter 7

These past few days since Christmas you've spent it home alone with nothing but the kitchen.

You would practice making small dishes and eating them to see if you had to work on anything.

You try not to make alot so you wouldn't have leftovers but sometimes that's not the case.

Back in cooking school you would have to make food for 4 due to the measurements used so you couldnMt help that.

The cooking course you signed up for doesn't start until a few days after New Years so you wanted to practice what you had learned.

So far none of the dishes you've prep were flawed, but you wanted to experiment a bit to make it YOUR OWN.

You've found methods but you would have to cook it based off the original recipe and taste test them a bit before doing so.

You would just eat your dishes while thinking and hoped that you could think of something on the spot.

But some dishes are harder to figure out then others.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

You turn to the door when you heard knocking.

You then put your chopsticks down and walked over to the door to check the peep hole.

Noticing that there are 2 people behind the door.

Only recognizing one of them.

Hakkai? I wonder what he wants?

You opened the door, leaving the chair on the door still.

You- "Yes?"

Hakkai- "Um...Hi (Y/N)....I....Uh..."

The girl accompanied him sighs then speaks up.

"My little brother wants to tell you something, I'm Yuzuha by the way...."

You- "Oh, nice to meet you, hold on."

You say as you close the door a bit to release the chain so you could fully open it.

You- "Come on in."

You say as you stepped aside to let them in.

Hakkai and Yuzuha make their way to the living room and sat on the couch.

You joining them after closing the door.

You- "So what brings you guys here?"

Yuzuha looked at Hakkai for a bit.

She saw Hakkai was struggling to speak so she sighs and speaks up first.

Yuzuha- "Taiju left our house this morning...."

You- "He did?...For how long?"

Yuzuha- "Forever."

You- "Oh....I'm sorry to hear that."

Yuzuha- "Its fine, he left because he wanted to."

You- "What does that mean?"

Hakkai speaks up now.

Hakkai- "Toman fought with the Black Dragons on Christmas day and and won...it was the first time Taiju has ever been defeated....And he sort of changed after that.."

Oh..

You then remembered the time you found Taiju kneeled in front of the church.

And that he looked so tired and defeated.

To be honest, you almost felt sorry for him.

But you knew sooner or later he was going to face someone who was stronger than him.