Chapter 29

((A/N: I need to make up for lost time 😂🙈))

.

.

.

**A Few Weeks Ago**

.

.

.

After finally receiving your certificate of completion, and printing out your resumes, you got ready to go out and find a job.

It took alot of hard work, sweat and tears but now you're ready to go and fulfill your grandmother's dream.

You were nervous because you didn't know what to expect but you can't just sit back and let fear take over what you worked so hard for.

You look at yourself in the mirror, making sure you look presentable.

You wanted to give off a good first impression in case they ask to interview you right away.

This is your big chance after all.

After giving yourself a little confidence boost, you turn heel and walk out your room and head towards the living room.

Your mom is sitting by the dining room, doing work on her laptop when she sees you from the corner of her eye and turns to look at you.

She smiles and stands up as you walk up to her.

You- "I-uh.....I'm off to go look for a job.."

Your mother smiles and goes to hug you, returning the hug as well.

Mom- "I'm so proud of you (Y/N)...I'm certain you'll do great out there."

You smile and nod.

You- "I just hope I made grandma proud."

She hums.

Mom- "She is MORE than proud of you dear....."

You wanted to tear up, but you didn't want your mascara to run down.

So you took a deep breath to try and distract yourself.

You- "I still wished she was still around to see me though.."

You mom nods.

Mom- "She's already with you in spirit (Y/N)."

You chuckled a bit.

You- "Thanks mom....But really....I couldn't have done it without you and dad's help."

Your mom sighs.

Mom- "I just wished he didn't leave us so suddenly like this..."

You sigh as well.

You- "I know...I didn't mean to-."

Mom- "-Its okay (Y/N)....I'm not mad about it......Our love has already died a long time ago...."

You look down a bit.

You- "I know...."

Your mom then places her fingers under your chin to lift your gaze up to her.

Mom- "Aside from your career....I do hope you find someone to share your success with."

You chuckled a bit then shake your head.

You- "I'm sorry mom....But I'm not really interested in settling down.."

Your mom sighs.

Mom- "Your grandmother didn't blame your father for not being able to pursue her dream......Things just happened unexpectedly is all...Don't think its going to happen to you too..."