Chapter 37

**4 Days Later**

.

.

.

.

.

.

"UUuuuUUuuUuuugh..."

You rub your neck for the umpteenth time as the pain in your neck gets worse by the day.

After the surgery you got on your back, you had to stay at the hospital just so the doctor can keep a close eye on you.

Or at least until the sutures fall off so he can see that you're healing properly.

You're glad to know the surgery went well, but still, the aftermath was not any better.

Your throat still hurts and your voice is still raspy but you're not coughing like you used to.

You back is a bit swollen and have an ice pack strapped on your shoulder to help with the inflammation.

They have you on antibiotics and all they did was make you feel sick.

And on top of that, they also gave you some really strong pain killers.

Even though they are doing its job, you hated taking them.

Not because you don't believe in medicine, but because you hate that they make you so drowsy.

You asked the doctor if he could give you something alittle weaker, but they didn't take your pain away not even the slightest bit.

So you forced yourself to endure the pain.

It is hard.

But you would rather be in pain than to be drowsy.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

You immediately take your hand off your neck before answering.

"Y-Yes?"

Soon the door opens and enters the doctor.

"Hello Miss (L/N), how are you feeling today?"

You- "Uhhhh, I've been better..."

"Have you gotten any rest?"

You sigh.

You- "I'm trying to, but I'm just not used to sleeping on this side."

The doctor nods.

"Just be patient, its only temporary."

You nod.

"Alright, I'm here because I want to see how your stitches are doing."

You nod.

"And also....Someone is here to speak to you."

You tilt your head a bit.

You- "Who?"

"Just someone from the police station, they need to hear your side of the story."

You- "Oh.."

"Are you okay with that? Or do you need more time?"

You sigh then shake your head.

You- "No it's fine....Lets just get this over with."

The doctor nods then goes to place his gloves on.

"Alright, let me have a quick look."

You lean forward a bit more so the doctor can open the top of your gown a bit.