Chapter 16

"Today is the day..."

You sighed as you finished picking up the final things from your room.

Your friend/roommate is already on her way to help you get your things so you can stay with her so you can finish school.

And once you finish school, you're probably going to have to leave Japan to attend the schools you wanted just so you could get the experience.

This is what you hated about adulthood, you KNOW you have the qualifications to become a chef at a good restaurant but if they see your resume right now, they would instantly turn you down for 'lacking' experience.

When really you've been putting your time in the kitchen since you were 12-13.

But of course, that doesn't count because its not REAL experience.

So you've been volunteering to help get those extra names, but even so, its still not enough.

You just hope whatever school you land on will be good enough to make your grand mother proud.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

"(Y/N)?"

Your door opens, revealing your mother.

Mom- "Your friend is here."

You nodded.

You- "Okay, I'll be right down."

Your mom smiles.

Mom- "How do you feel?"

You sigh.

You- "Nervous.."

Mom- "Nervous?"

Your mom enters your room to sit on your bed next to you.

Mom- "Why? You're just finishing High School."

You- "Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to be almost done with High School but....What if none of the schools I apply to will accept me?...What if I'm not good enough?"

Your mom puts her hand on your shoulder.

Mom- "Sweetie, I know you're scared that they will turn you down but if they do so what? You can just find another school to go to, why show your worth to those who are blind when you can find someone who can actually see?"

You chuckled a bit.

You- "Yeah...But its just I've put all my time in searching specific schools that....I didn't think about what will happen if I don't get accepted."

Mom- "(Y/N)...You've spent so much time studying that not even during your time away from school, you put time for yourself."

You hum.

You- "I just....I want to be great at what I do...."

Mom- "And I'm proud of you for that...Your grandmother would be smiling at you if she saw you now.....But even so.....You need time for yourself..."

You- "But I have been spending time for myself."

Mom- "Sweetie, you cooking in the kitchen isn't YOU time, that's just homework."

You chuckled.

You- "I just wanted to practice us all."

Your mother looks down for a bit then takes your hands.

Mom- "How about this....Right after you graduate...Why don't we travel around the world to try different foods."

Your eyes widened.

You- "Mom...I can't do that...I need to complete my training as quick as possible so I can-."

Mom- "-I know you want to get things done and over with but I think you should take this time to go out and explore all around the world."