Chapter 6

((Christmas Night))

You haven't seen Mitsuya or Hakkai.

Mitsuya would come by every now and then and say hi but that's about it.

But Hakkai, he hasn't been around at all.

According to Mitsuya's sisters; he would come by every now and then but he hasn't.

You wondered what was going on.

When you met Hakkai, he and Mitsuya are like best friends.

Did something happen between them?

He said he was quitting Toman to join the Black Dragons and you wondered what he meant by that.

But then you remembered that Mitsuya would leave his house wearing a black uniform with gold wordings.

Is that it?

Is Mitsuya apart of Toman?

Usually you stay away from gang related stuff but seeing Hakkai cornered that one time just set something in you.

You hate bullies.

And seeing that just irked you.

But still.

You wondered if Hakkai was mad at you.

You knew defending a teenage boy against a big group is 'embarrassing' but you couldn't help it.

After all that, you went back to the convenient store to make yourself another coffee.

All because that bastard decided to take the one you already made.

And by the time you got out, he and his friends were already gone and your bus was already at the stop.

So without any other choice, you rushed over then got on the bus to go home.

That was last week but it still crosses your mind.

Hakkai was so scared that day.

You even remembered how Hakkai's face changed when he got a phone call back when you were babysitting Luna and Mana.

Is that why he was afraid?

So scared that he became a completely different person around that guy.

Taiju he said his name was.

And the more you thought about it, the clearer it was.

Taiju is probably his older brother.

You sighed at the thought.

And you realized that you probably got Hakkai in even more trouble with that little stunt you pulled.

No wonder he's been absent lately.

It sort of made you regret even butting in, but at the same time you didn't.

Hakkai was vulnerable and you just wanted to help him.

But you hope that one day he can escape from all that.

Or at least found someone that could help him.

Either help him escape or help him kick Taiju's ass at least.

As doubtful as you wanted to be, you KNOW there is probably someone out there that's stronger than that bastard.

*RING RING RING*

You flinched when your phone rang.

You reached into your bag to grab your phone.