18

The evening sunlight radiated the city of Seoul, including the infamous Pledis High School located in the outskirts. All of the students were readying themselves to pack their homeworks into their bags. Some of them were arraying and positioning their books on their lockers located at the indoor walkways. Typical tumults filled the school area in response to the end of the teaching and learning session on that day. Some expressed enervation and fatigue, some expressed delight and relief. As for those who were residing in the hostels, they were heading to their respective dorms to clean themselves by getting showered – or they could choose to obtain some rest beforehand. That was not the case for Soonyoung – he promptly trudged towards the clothesline to pick the dried clothes.

"Hyung, need a hand?" Dokyeom offered to assist Soonyoung in settling the clothes. He retreated back outside as his eyes noticed his hyung was doing chores all by himself.

"Sure thing, Dokyeom-ah. Would appreciate it!" The older guy thanked him without tilting his head as his hands were busy diverting the clothes' pegs from their clothes. Dokyeom proceeded to help Soonyoung as the other members had already hit the hay albeit the night was still yet to arrive. Elsewhere behind the brick fence of their dorm, two figures were seemingly stalking them with full concentration.

"Yuri-ya! Come here quickly, I've found them already!" Minju, with her right hand holding a black umbrella, half-whispered to Yuri who accompanied her in searching for the boys' whereabouts. "Seriously?! Where are they?!" Yuri, whose hand was also holding a black umbrella dashed towards her in curiosity.

"Yah! I'm 100 percent sure, you know! Right there!" Minju assured her while pointing in a particular direction. Both of them, who were in black hoodies, keeked throughout the lofty brick fence witnessing Soonyoung and Dokyeom pick the clothes from the clothesline until they were done with their business. Minju couldn't hide her eagerness and yearning, leading to her attempting to levitate herself to watch the boys properly.

"Yah, Kim Minju! What the heck are you doing? Have you gone nuts? What if anyone else finds us out?!" Yuri harshly retracted Minju's legs as a sign of warning her not to get caught red-handed of privacy stalking. "Gosh, you startled me!" Minju mumbled to her.

"Now that we have discovered their whereabouts, let us retreat back to our friends to inform them about this, okay?" ordered Yuri. Minju only nodded submissively and they left the scene as immediate as they could.

◇◇◇◇◇

Chaewon was laying the unconscious Joshua on his bed inside his bedroom when she abruptly felt a glimpse of heat, causing her to pant in exertion as a response. Arghh...I forgot that he's a devout Protestant, she mumbled. That was explained by several hung crucifixes – one in each of the spaces inside the double-storey bungalow. Without squandering any moment, she rushed downstairs to place the hefty plastics of vegetables on the kitchen counter. As she wended her way to the main door at the living room to lock it, she witnessed a hearth with some firewood located there. Wow, it's like the ones in the European and North American houses, she thought. After she had done locking the door, Chaewon's eyes spotted a colossal photo of Joshua and his late parents hung on the wall, right above the hearth. Out of the blue, her eyes were swiftly widened as she scanned the photo meticulously. To her, the frame rang a bell.

"Wait, huh?!!" She rubbed her eyes a few more times – could it be a mistaken glimpse in her view? She watched it once more. Her heart raced in fluctuation, her mind went in bewilderment.

"Andwae, it couldn't be!!" She half-whispered in horror, with her hands covering her mouth. Words couldn't express how terrified she was feeling. Stupefied. Speechless. You name it.

◇◇◇◇◇

He plodded a long way journeying through the sombre, crepuscular woods embraced by the night breeze of Immortiana. With a greyish black hoodie he had been wearing since the night he entered the world thanks to his spell, he covered his head as soon as he reached the end of the woods. He swiftly continued to plod through a vast meadow before setting his foot in front of a mansion.