𝐥𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬

WARNINGS: TORTURE, BLOOD AND VIOLENCE

Saturday, March 15 1998:

MALFOY MANOR:

Potterwatch had finally succeeded.

He was there, at the manor, alongside his trusted friends...or at least that's what snatchers claimed.

Artemis and Draco were forced downstairs at Bellatrix's request (demand) to come and see the trio or what looked like them.

Hermoine and Ron were held by some snatchers, barely recognisable, never had Artemis seen them look so... defeated, knackered and worn out.

Bellatrix was holding an almost familiar face. A mangle and beaten one, their eye was swollen, clearly from whatever jinx was inflicted, but a lightning-shaped scar shone through on their forehead.

Potter.

Artemis locked eyes with a frightened Hermoine, the latter sent her a pleading look, whilst Ron glared directly at Draco.

The two Slytherins were brought forward, with their hearts beating rapidly as they scoured nervously across the room, noting Lucius' jittery eyes.

"We think it's him. But we're not quite sure. We need you both to identify him," Artemis heard her aunt Narcissa explain.

"Well?" Bellatrix pressed, tugging on chosen one's hair, the action almost made Artemis flinch.

The engaged couple exchanged a look, both aware of who was in front of them. Harry, a name she wouldn't say aloud because she knew Harold was far more aggravating. Now he was before her in disguise and if he was exposed they would all be royally fucked.

"I can't be sure," Draco spoke up first.

Lucius sped towards his son, "Draco, look closely, son. If we are the ones to hand Potter over to the Dark Lord, everything would be forgiven. All would be as it was. Do you understand?"

"Now, we won't be forgetting who actually caught him, I hope Mr Malfoy," the Snatcher who was roughly holding Hermoine, said tauntingly.

"You dare to talk to me like that in my own house?!" Lucius yelled, making his son flinch, which earned a glare from his goddaughter.

"Lucius," Narcissa whispered almost in a reprimanding way, then brought him to the side.

"Come over," Bellatrix grinned, beckoning over Artemis, "Now if this isn't who we think it is, and we call him, he'll kill us all. We need to be absolutely sure."

"It's not him," Artemis insisted, staring directly at the scar etched onto Harry's head. Everyone turned to her, "It can't be, this must be some imposter, travelling alongside," she trailed off and glanced between the depleted Gryfindors, "Them. besides Aunt Bellatrix, What's wrong with his face?"

"Yes, what is wrong with his face?" Bellatrix questioned snarkily.

The lead snatcher shrugged, "He came to us like that. Something he picked up in the forest, I reckon."

Artemis knew she had to keep playing along, especially when the Dark Lord was out of reach.

Glancing at Draco once more, he kneeled in front of Harry, analysing his face with an apprehensive look.

"I can't tell," Draco uttered and thankfully his aunt's attention was drawn elsewhere.

"What is that?" Bellatrix gasped when she caught the object that a snatcher had, "Where'd you get that from?" she asked, stepping closer and moving around Harry, leaving him to let out a sigh.