𝐥𝐱𝐢. 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐬

WARNINGS: DEATH AND MENTIONS OF TORTURE AND VIOLENCE:

Friday, July 19th, 1997

MALFOY MANOR:

Artemis Seramore had never been a scared person. Cunning? Of course, cautious? Always, but scared? Rarely ever. When her father passed, her mother believed that taking her away memories from that dreadful night was the right decision, but it only left emotionlessness in its wake. When Cedric was killed and appeared on the ground in front of her, sadness was all she could feel, but now, sitting among the wizarding world's worst criminals, she could admit she was scared, not just for her, but for her fiancé too.

The only warmth she could feel was from her aunt Narcissa, whilst her uncle Lucius seemed far too jittery to act normal in the presence of the Dark Lord. His hair was unkempt and his eyes were erratic. Even when she descended the stairs hand in hand with Draco, he couldn't do much to aid her fears as he was trapped in the same boat as her. Now looking around, feeling the eyes of many,  she had no choice but to continue with her decade-long facade, despite cutting ties with it during her fifteenth year.

As the many not-so-noble houses of Slytherin awaited their final guest, Artemis knew not to let her tired eyes linger for too long, you mustn't, her aunt's advice echoed inside her mind before the Dark lord summoned them all. She didn't once dare glance at the unearthly wizard, whose scarlet eyes burned into her side, which whispered her name.

The whimpering and squeaking from above not only caused her to freeze in her chair but also inspired guilt within her. Professor Charity Burbage, her muggle studies teacher. The poor woman. Captured and tortured, with the use of the potion, not only she made, but perfected for the pleasure of the people around her. Of course, Artemis never meant for something like this to happen, not to someone she deemed as innocent, well, now she wasn't exactly innocent anymore, not in the eyes of her peers or her house, she was at a bloody death eater meeting.

Only when a familiar face in the room, remaining as stoic as ever, did she turn and let out a breath she wasn't aware she was holding.

"Severus," Voldemort's thin lips twitched up, to send the raven-haired wizard a smile, "I was beginning to worry you had lost your way. Come, we've saved you a seat."

And now all the devils were here, business could now commence.

Artemis felt Draco's grip on her hand under the table tighten as they watched their most trusted advisor sit down, they even noted that he was situated closest to the Dark Lord as well as Theodorus Nott Sr, who luckily didn't drag his own son into this mess.

Oh, she wondered how Theo, Blaise and Daphne were going to be for the final year, but she had to remain calm, so with one more squeeze from her fiance, she kept focus.

"You bring news I trust?" Voldemort's eerily calm voice caused many to shift in discomfort as well lean closer.

"It will happen Saturday next, at nightfall," the professor informed.

"I've heard differently, my lord," Corban Yaxley spoke, seated further down the table, gaining the Dark Lord's attention, "Dawlish the Auror has let slip that the Potter boy will not be moved until the 30th of this month. the day before he turns seventeen."

Seventeen, Artemis repeated internally, he's just a boy. A boy she didn't want dead or caught, although she knew one would happen at some point. She heard the news here and there, as she was allowed contact the outside, more specifically her mother and... father and brother. With the help of her owl; Ciara, was informed about worried and angry they were because they couldn't do much to prevent what was to come. Klaus was far angrier because the treaty of the 1940s forced the vampire community from getting involved with wizarding matters.