𝐥𝐢𝐱. 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬

Monday, May 13th:

THE INFIRMARY:

After what felt like an eternity, the Seramore heir let out a breath. Banadgaes restricted her small movements, binding her to the discomfort of the hospital bed. Each limb burned like a dragon had scorched every inch of her body.

She had almost died.

The moonlight shone through the room and illuminated the empty beds that filled the room, but what brought an aching smile to her frail face, was that she wasn't alone. Heads that belonged to her friends, family and fiancé rested on the sheet that covered her lower half. Some snored, whilst others whined as they turned in their slumber.

In the corner of her eye, she caught the shiny and metallic silhouette of a cup, The Quidditch cup. A Slytherin scarf wrapped around the neck of the trophy. Blaise clutched it tightly, whilst keeping his other hand on her calf.

The shuffling of feet made her slowly look up, blinking back her tiredness as her gaze settled on Madam Pomfrey.

The medi-witch softly smiled, rounding the packed corner of her bed, "I told them to leave an hour ago Dear, but they didn't listen, who does anymore? Do I need to re-dress your wounds?" she asked quietly, nodding to the bandages that smothered the Seramore girl.

"No, they're fine, thank you," Artemis winced at her coarse voice. The older witch quickly placed a cup of water to her lips. With a few gulps, it was pulled away, "How long have I been here?"

From the faces she could see, her friends looked exhausted despite their sleeping state.

Placing the cup on her bedside table, Madam Pomfrey replied, "Every day since the incident. It's been a speedy recovery for you," she paused then turned to the sleeping students, "but for them, I saw a few tears here and there."

"Have they been okay?"

The question stunned the medi-witch, the poor girl almost died, yet she was asking about them? nevertheless, she nodded and said, "Your bedside is never vacant," her eyes travelled over to the platinum-haired boy "Although your fiancé has a habit of telling me what to do."

"He does that with everyone," she whispered, smiling at Draco's hand, his pale fingers twitched until they were interlinked with hers.

It's funny, his cold skin brought the warmth that soothed her in a way that the bandages couldn't.

"His snark caused a few fights not even your cousin could handle," The medi-witch informed, recalling Draco spilling insults toward the younger Jones wizard. It was as entertaining as it was irritating for her to deal with.

With a sigh, Artemis apologised, "Sorry."

"Don't apologise dear. Rest."

Before she could close her eyes, she had to ask, "What about my mum? Does she know?"

Nodding with a shocked looked, Madam Pomfrey hushedly spoke, "She came by immediately, with your father and brother. According to professor Mcgonagall, they had to restrain your father from going after Harry Potter."

When Celeste caught the sight of Artemis in the infirmary, she broke down in tears, her knees gave out and sobs racked her body, leaving Marcel to console her, whilst Klaus raged around the room, needing to find out who was responsible for the curse inflicted on his adoptive daughter. And when Blaise returned to the room with a bloodied hand, he told everything, leaving the hybrid to find the Potter wizard who was serving detention with Snape. It took a few professors to secure him before he angrily went back to check on Artemis.