𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐬𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐬

Thursday, September 3rd:

HERBOLOGY CLASSROOM:

When the group had arrived at the school, the cousins had informed Draco about their family secret room; he agreed to help them immediately.

He couldn't wait to find the place with them, so they could have their own space.

Currently, Blaise, Artemis, and Draco were standing in the herbology room, with overcoats and gloves protecting their uniform, earmuffs around their necks in preparation for the creatures they were going to deal with today.

Draco's goons stood near him, trying to make conversation but he kept ignoring them.

Artemis felt nauseous about being around the plants, she didn't want to see any insects or bugs, she hated them with a passion. Blaise noticed his cousin's uncomfortable state and gave her a reassuring squeeze.

"Morning everyone"

"Good Morning Professor Sprout" they lazily replied

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three, second years" Professor Sprout happily starts.

Last night they announced that we have a new DADA teacher. After what happened last year, with Quirrell being a spy for the Dark Lord, they needed a new teacher, and surprise surprise they didn't give it to Snape.

Artemis had already been informed about the school hiring Gilderoy Lockhart, she was pissed and so were the other Slytherin students. She thought he had felt off like he was overcompensating for something.

She could tell that he wasn't as smart as Snape and he was an arrogant wizard but she hoped that he would prove her wrong.

"Today we're going to re-pot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?" Professor Sprout asks

The muggleborn gryffindor shot her hand up, "Mandrake or Mandragora" Granger started

"Merlin, it's too early to hear her voice" Artemis mumbles, Hermione gave her a quick side glare and the Seramore smiled right back.

"It is used to return those who have been petrified, to their original state" She kept blabbing on and on about who knows what.

"Excellent, 10 points to Gryffindor" Sprout happily says, Draco gives Potter and Weasley a side glare as they smile for getting those ten points

"Oh please, Gryffindor's get points for wiping their arse" Artemis mumbles causing, Blaise and Draco to chuckle next to her. "Professor sprout." She spoke, attracting everyone's attention, "what Granger forgot to mention is that a mature mandrake, when it is unearthed, would kill any person who hears it but young mandrake screams would knock a person out for several hours." she flicks her hair back, Blaise mimics her resulting in him receiving a smack on the back of the head.

"Well done, 10 points to Slytherin." Draco and Blaise start grinning as Weasley and Potter's smiles fade and Granger mumbles to herself, wishing she would mention the fact.

"Maybe I'll find a mature mandrake and place it in the Gryffindorks common room," Draco whispers with a sly smirk.

Blaise nodded, "I'm already thinking of how to steal this without that old bat seeing me."

"Nothing like talking about the attempted homicide to wake me up," Artemis responded sarcastically, Draco winks at her, while Blaise fake gagged

They are instructed to put their earmuffs on, Artemis does it quickly because she is not risking anything. Sprout then shows us an example of what we should do as she pulls the weird plant out of the soil causing it to start crying, and no surprise Longbottom faints. "Longbottoms have been neglecting his earmuffs" Professor Sprout sighed