𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐠𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

Saturday, October 31st

THE GREAT HALL:

The dreary weather juxtaposed the cheery atmosphere on the grounds of Hogwarts.

The majority of the students sat in the great hall, watching in anticipation as the 7th years put their names in the Goblet of Fire.

Artemis and Draco were in attendance, whereas Theo, Daphne and Blaise were in Mente Striae.

Artemis thought that taking part in the Triwizard tournament was foolish as well as brave.

She believed that they might as well be signing up to die and who wants to die young?

For the past month, everything had been plain sailing, but the Seramore witch thought it was the calm before the storm, after all, last year turned out so horrific, so she tried to have a  little hope for this year.

She tried being optimistic, but it was just so bloody hard.

Her relationship with Draco continued to blossom, so if everything was going right for her, how comes she felt something bad was going to happen?

"Come on Cedric! Put it in!"

Hufflepuffs kept cheering for their friend, happy and excited to see him stroll up to the goblet.

Cedric dropped the parchment that had his name written on it, into the goblet, successfully walking over the age line as he did so.

Artemis clapped along with the rest of his house, he turned around, the green-eyed boy shot her a smile, ignoring the glare he received from Draco.

She then spotted Alana and the Jones brothers, who waved at her ecstatically.

Iziah offered the Seramore witch a tight-lipped smile after noticing her hands interlinked with her boyfriend's.

Artemis still hadn't spoken to him, nor was she planning to, but she wasn't going to ignore him. Their friendship, if she could call it that, was odd and she didn't have the time to decipher it anytime soon.

"Bloody Halfbloods" Draco mumbled under his breath, forgetting how close his girlfriend was sitting to him.

She elbowed his stomach, side eying him as he groaned, "Your aunts are dating Halfbloods." She reminded him.

Before turning into bloodsuckers a thousand years ago, Artemis discovered that the Mikaelsons tapped into their magic at a very early age before having it stripped from them.

She felt a small level of sympathy for them, not that she would say it aloud. She didn't know what she would do if she wasn't a witch.

Good thing she wouldn't be in that situation.

Draco rolled his eyes, "Hopefully not for long."

"Yeah," Artemis nodded in agreement, not siding with his blood purity, but with her disdain for her mother and aunt's choice of men, "hopefully not for long,"

He grinned and pressed a kiss to her cheek, she playfully rolled her eyes and he pulled her closer.

The loud cheering was cut off as the Weasley twins ran in, going over to the golden trio.

Draco snaked his arm around his girlfriend's waist, "If you could would you put your name in?"

"Merlin no." she laughed and he raised a brow.

"Why?"

"Because I value my life," she said in a matter-of-fact tone.

His eyes shone with amusement, "And Hogwarts is the place where souls come to die." he said mockingly.