𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐮𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥

Monday, December 21st:

Ah, the fated day had arrived.

The anniversary of Ezekial Seramore's death and surprisingly, Artemis had not one nightmare.

Not a single one, which brought up more questions than answers. Regardless of this Daphne burned sage throughout their dormitory, just as a precaution.

Artemis wondered whether her lack of mental torment was due to the fact it had been 7 years since her father's passing, therefore she didn't carry the blame like she did before.

Or maybe it was due to Celeste finding a new partner.

Either way, she couldn't figure it out.

And what scared her the most, if she didn't dream about her father anymore, will she just forget about him? She thought if she didn't see him when she slept would he just be erased from her life?

She wanted to keep his memory alive, even though he was prominent in many lives.

For some odd reason, Artemis had been called into Dumbledore's office.

She loathed the idea of being around the man. Times like these she wished that Snape was her headmaster, but she doubted that would happen anytime soon.

The moment she sat down in the extravagant office, she faced the silver-haired man. His robes... or the attire that he called an outfit, mimicked something from one of Charles Dickens novels.

Artemis struggled not to laugh at him, but she didn't bother to hide her amusement.

"You wanted to see me, professor."

He nodded with a fond smile, "I did, I wanted to check in to see if you were... doing well."

She eyed him sceptically, "I'm fine." she said unconvincingly.

He hummed and offered her a lemon sherbet, she declined quickly, "I heard about the incident in the courtyard."

Her lips parted, and an unamused noise left her mouth, "Where your dear old friend turned my boyfriend into a ferret."

She exhaled slowly, attempting to not let the memories of that day get to her.

Although when they all got back to their common room, she and her group of friends laughed it off, even though the thought of anything bad happening to the people she has love for, fueled the fire that burned deep within.

She has strong feelings for her boyfriend, possibly love, but she couldn't say she loved him...yet.

Dumbledore didn't seem shocked by her proclamation, especially because he frequently saw their interactions, "Mr Malfoy is your boyfriend, a well-suited match I think."

"Was Professor Moody punished in any way?" she asked incredulously, ignoring his obvious attempt to misdirect the conversation.

He shuffled closer and leaned on his wide wooden desk, "You disarming the man was a punishment to his ego Artemis." he chuffed out.

She squinted her eyes, "I don't think a student can punish a professor, don't you think?"

"Yet many have." he countered and she couldn't disagree.

She shrugged, "I suppose, but I'm curious to see if you remember our conversation from last year, about the incidents that happen in the walls of this castle."

She was of course referring to their first proper interaction from third year; when Tracey Davis was expelled from Hogwarts due to some discriminative remarks the witch made towards Artemis.