𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

WARNING: DEATH AND TRAUMA

Monday, December 21st:

She stared up at the moonlit sky, fascinated by how the stars sparkled against the darkness that surrounded them.

The stars always comforted her.

That was until she heard a loud crunch that came from behind her, she didn't bother to turn around, she started to run.

The ground shook with the heavy footsteps that grew nearer.

She kept on running; her heart felt like it was beating out of her chest, she didn't care where she was going as long as she didn't look back.

In her haste to escape whatever was causing the heavy footsteps rushing behind her, her heart was akin to that of a battle drum as it pounded in her ears, eyes welling with tears in the darkness that provided her with no comfort.

In the forest, where she was unable to see her escape route due to the shroud of blackness that enveloped her, something reached out to grab her ankles, swiping the ground from underneath her as her tiny body toppled over what felt like a lump of rocks covered with soft fabrics.

She groaned and quickly turned her head around, no longer hearing anything, but her view was blocked by a body.

The body of a man.

The body of Her father.

He was lying there motionless, his eyes wide open, staring up at the moonlight sky.

The Body was surrounded by the insects that lived in the forest, they were eating away at his corpse, having a feast on his flesh.

She immediately closed her eyes, shaking her head hoping that the image would leave her psyche.

She prayed to Merlin that it wasn't real.

Her eyes fluttered open, her vision was no longer blinded by the frosty weather, the snow continued to fall freely; not being controlled by the winds that were once unsympathetic and vicious.

Nothing was in her path.

The decaying body was no longer in her way.

She let go of the breath that she wasn't aware that she was holding.

She shakily got up from the ground, content that her heart was trying not to burst from its cage.

She was about to make her way back home when a hand harshly gripped her, turning her around.

Instead of seeing her father, she saw a hooded figure stand in front of her, skin as pale as the snow she stood on.

It towered over her, taunting her with its size.

No features cover its face...

None except a mouth.

Tears flooded her eyes as its pale face crept towards hers.

"You could've stopped this."

She let out a piercing scream...

Artemis gasped awake, Her cheeks were wet with tears as she blubbered out her mother's name, desperate for someone to save her from her subconscious.

She was lying in her bed at Hogwarts.

Daphne stood beside her, with a concerned expression on her face.