Chapter 27: "Not because you deserve me."

... I knew in my gut that today would be special.

Nobody dared to move, and the silence was so strong that you could feel it in your skin. The tension was there, among the six of us, ready to explode. Everyone's eyes went from Ricky, who looked back at us with despise, to the transparent flask on the table.

The plastic flask, filled with oval tablets of two unique shades of dark blue, with a paper label that was so worn out it was barely readable and the blue lid that covered its secrets.

My secrets.

They were all in there, beckoning. Beckoning the people around me to be curious, to reach out, open it and see... asking desperately to be found.

I was completely immobile. My hands were still, my spot intact. I remained the furthest from the table, as Jc, Kian and Trevor were all in front of me. I was the closest thing in existence to a statue. Not even my eyes tingled a bit; they remained fixed on the flask, and on Ricky. I don't know if I was even breathing anymore. All I felt, was a single drop of sweat running through my forehead and down on my face.

I was left in this limbo for what I really felt was an eternity. I wanted it to be over so desperately, but at the same time I didn't. It was the worst feeling in the world, and I hated it to the core. But I knew that as soon as it was over, something even worse waited for me.

And then, just like that, Ricky broke the silence.

-"Well?"—he said—"Someone better talk."

Kian let out a small nervous laugh. He wasn't guilty of anything, but we all know he was the worst for tense situations. And boy was this one tense.

-"But... Ricks..."—Kian muttered—"We... we were out all day and... we don't know what that is..."

-"Cut the bullshit."—Ricky stated with a dead look in his eyes, making Trevor flinch—"You don't know what these are? I'll tell you what they are; they are prescription drugs."

I could hear Kian swallowing a huge gulp of saliva. Of course he knew what those were. We all knew what those were, but none of them knew why they were here. Finding an explanation to give to Ricky in itself was tough, but trying to convince themselves they knew what was going on was an impossible task.

Ricky was losing his patience. After nobody said anything, he directed to Sam.

-"Sam?"

Everyone looked towards our friend, who was still sitting on his bed with a low head and clasping his sweaty hands together. He looked like he had been anxious, and his cheeks were extremely pale, and that just wasn't normal in Sam.

-"I... I was sleeping here, in the bus"—he started to explain—", because I was tired... Ricky left to check on the venue, and you guys were gone... then Michael came and knocked on the door, said the rooms were ready. I was about to leave, but..."

He paused to let out a huge sigh. He looked beyond exhausted. He probably had to deal with Ricky on his own for a while before we got here, and I can't be sorry enough for that.

-"... But I had to get my insulin shots."—he proceeded—"So I went to the bathroom, to the cabinet... and... and I found that."

He pointed towards the flask.

The cabinet.

Of course.

I left everything there this morning.

I had been so careful for so long, only to flaw so stupidly.

I really do ruin everything.

-"Ricky then came over... and saw them, and I didn't know what they were... I..."