Chapter 1: Into the dark places

So it is this early in the morning, and I already get annoying noises? I don't even want to check the time, and I don't have to go downstairs to know that it's probably Kian blasting off some song I don't even care about. I can't understand the lyrics anyway; it's just a bunch of noise. But since I'm awake, I should probably get up already. Wait... why am I dressed?

My bed... It's not even unmade... I'm wearing a shirt and pants! Let's check the mirror... wait, I'm wearing exactly the same clothes I was wearing last night. How come I did not notice? Why didn't I strip down to sleep like I usually do? I must have forgotten, maybe I was so tired I didn't tell. But I didn't do anything last night. I haven't done anything many nights ago. If I recall correctly, I stayed put in the house yesterday. Well, at least I'm awake now, but it is about noon. I don't usually sleep until this late. Ugh, so many things are off today. Well, like I care.

As I left the room and headed downstairs, I confirmed that the music was indeed Kian's. And he wasn't alone; he and Jc were playing Guitar Hero on a Nintendo Wii. Since when do we even have a Wii? I didn't recognize the song, it was some rock thing. I headed towards the kitchen and poured some coffee on my favorite red mug.

-"...YES! SCORE! TAKE THAT JC!"-Kian yelled.

-"FUCK, I SCREWED UP! THIS ISN'T OVER KIAN!" -Jc replied just as loudly.

-"SCREW IT! I GET YOUR PIZZA SLICES TODAY! Your loss! WOHOOOOO!"

Just after that both Kian and Jc came to the kitchen, apparently looking to find some sort of prize, I guess the pizza? Well I must really look like crap, because both of them stood there paralyzed when they saw me. Kian even gave a little squeak.

-"Connor...?"-Jc asked, relatively concerned.

-"Well good morning to both of you too."-I replied coldly. I am not in the best mood this morning.

-"Man, are you feeling alright?"-Jc asked again, as Kian went around searching for stuff in the pantry.

-"Just a little headache, thanks to you guys' game... Hahaha but I'll get over it."

-"You're not really looking good..."-Jc insisted.

-"Well thanks! That really cheers me up!"-I said.

-"Yo, Jc! Did you hide the pizza!?"-Kian asked, clearly uninterested.

-"No, Ki, I didn't. It must be lying somewhere."-Jc replied-"So Connor, what are your plans today? Lia is off town so Kian and I were planning to go skating about."

-"I'm not really thinking of doing much..."

Jc smiled and left it at that, though I can tell he is kind of disappointed. After my second cup of coffee I started to walk back upstairs to head back into my room, but got interrupted by Kian, who went rushing upstairs, not before looking down at me.

-"Wait, Connor, have you even eaten anything?"-he asked.

-"Of course! Didn't you see me down there just now?"

-"Yeah but I don't think I saw you taking breakfast."

-"Don't be silly, it's me, of course I had breakfast."

Had I?

Kian went off to his room and I returned to mine. Maybe some Tumblr will help with this headache. I wonder when did it start? I mean I told Jc downstairs that I had a headache but I hadn't noticed until then. Well it's pointless, let's just check Tumblr.

If it hadn't been for the buzzing noise of my computer, maybe I wouldn't have noticed that it was already 3:00 pm. My battery just died. Great. I stood up and saw that my curtains were still shut, my hair was messy and after smelling myself I noticed I haven't even showered yet. Well, what a way to start the... afternoon?