Chapter 16: The white night and the golden morning

-"Is everybody ready to go?"—Louis asked, as he hang up the hotel's phone from calling a taxi—"The car is bound to get here any minute now."

-"I think we are all set."—Marcus said, sitting from the couch—"Most of us are already here."

I looked around me and saw Marcus was right. Inside the lobby with me was Louis, Marcus, Tyler and Alfie. The only ones who hadn't made it yet were Joe, Troye and Caspar.

-"You did remember to tell them we were heading to Florence tonight?"—Tyler asked Alfie.

-"Me? Tell who?"—Alfie asked, pretty oblivious.

-"Joe and Caspar!"—Tyler exclaimed, as if it was obvious.

-"Of course I... did not! I'll be on my way to tell them!"

Alfie stood up from the couch with me and Marcus and headed towards Joe's and Caspar's rooms, which were not that far. Tonight is an especial night. We are heading towards Florence to explore it a bit, because we've learned that the night life is amazing in Florence. Mainly because of Jersey Shore, but being quite honest, I just want to see the architecture. We could've been there today during the day but instead we visited one of the best vineyards in the world, and that took a huge toll from out whole day time. It took all of it actually. So tonight and tomorrow before leaving for Rome, we're touring around the city of Firenze.

-"Connor?"—Louis called—"Can you go check on Troye to see if he's ready?"

-"Sure!"—I said—"I'll be right away."

I went towards Troye's room. The others don't know that I slept there last night, and I prefer it to stay that way. If anything slightly suspicious comes to light, I may have to end up talking and unveiling my cover, and heaven knows that's the last thing I want. Luckily none of the guys have been too invasive towards me, at least not since Alfie asked me if everything was ok yesterday. I am still puzzled on what drove him to question me that. I am convinced that Zoe has something to do with it, but it's still just a theory, and all it proves is that I have to be extra careful from now on, and even more as soon as I get myself to Brighton.

In less than a minute I was at Troye's doorstep. I was about to go for the knock, but a soft wind breeze made it open a little. Turns out it wasn't unlocked. I grabbed the doorknob to push it open, when I heard Troye speaking from inside.

-"... Yeah... Yeah I'm sure..."

It sounded like he was on the phone.

-"No, this time I'm certain... Yes, I want it to be the first song released... I'm sure they'll like it, too."

It sounded like it was something to do with his EP, so I entered the room without any major worries. Troye saw me and smiled at me, waving with his free hand.

-"I'll call you back later."—he said on the phone—"I have to go, but please do include it. Ok, bye."

He hang up the phone and picked the jacket he was taking to Florence.

-"So who was it?"

-"My manager. I was just asking her to do some last minute changes with the EP..."

-"Really?"—I asked, as we headed down the hallway towards the lobby—"What changes?"

-"Nothing much... only that now I'm including the song I showed you a long time ago."

I smiled widely, because I was hoping to hear that.

-"You are!? That's great!"

-"Yeah... great..."