Pennsylvania 1950

Start from the beginning

Once they looked good, they went on their way. Serafina allowed Alice to lead since Alice stated she knew precisely where they needed to go. Serafina didn't entirely believe her, but she had nowhere else to be, so she just enjoyed the trip. But she began questioning things when they started heading away from the more populated town and towards the Allegheny National Forest.

"You know, we met you here in Pennsylvania before. Why didn't you stay if your family was here?" Serafina questioned.

"They weren't here at the time. I saw they only just bought this home recently. This is some good timing on our part," Alice smiled at her while walking backward, "I'm so excited!"

They neared a long driveway that led more into the forest itself. Many twists and turns, but soon Serafina felt the presence of her kind. It was always uncomfortable when you didn't know the other vampire. Your nerves were always on edge, fight or flight instincts kicking in. She looked to Jasper, who felt the same as they both halted. Serafina never hesitated at those instincts before. She only developed that hesitation when traveling with Jasper and now him and Alice; it was more a sense of responsibility to ensure their safety. She would never allow them to get hurt when traveling with her. If a coven leader had to deal with this regularly, she was not one for that responsibility.

"No, it's okay! It's them! Watch: you won't feel any hostility when we get there. But I'm sure they're nervous, so we can't show aggressiveness." Alice assuaged.

They both relaxed at her words and followed her down the driveway further into the forest, where they soon saw a massive Tudor-style mansion with many custom windows built in.

"I guess this is goodbye," Serafina slowly said as she stopped.

"What? Why?" Alice asked as she stopped and turned suddenly to face her.

"I said I would only bring you guys here. We're here. I should be on my way. Good luck with your new family," she smiled.

"But you need to meet them!" Alice anxiously said, grabbing onto Serafina's hand.

Serafina couldn't help looking at her questioningly.

"She wants to make sure you meet them all so that you don't accidentally kill any in the future," Jasper interjected, "it works both ways. This way, they'll know who you are and won't offend you in the future."

Alice was relieved; Jasper's words made sense. She was grateful for her clear-headed mate. He knew how to reason with Serafina well. She nodded to Serafina, then turned to Jazz, "Please don't change their emotions. They'll know." He nodded in agreement.

Serafina nodded. Meeting their new family made sense. She tried to keep her temper in check, but it didn't always work. She might feel a little guilty about killing a member of Alice's family.

"I'm guessing there's one in the group that might be annoying. I doubted you before, but considering we found a group of vampires, I guess you have an ability." Serafina smiled at Alice as though appeasing a child, "Did you see me hurting them in the future? Let's meet them then so we don't have any problems later," Serafina said as she gestured to the house, "lead the way."