"What past?" I asked. I already know all that Ace told me, he told me everything but I still itched to know what Brandon knew.

"Ace's dad died after his wife left. Rumors had it that he was cheating on her and that's why she left but she wouldn't leave her son and everything behind just because of that. Some are saying Ace's grandfather threatened her to leave for some reason and Ace's father was always being controlled by his dad. The company hid his cheating scandal and got rid of anyone who knew anything," He shook his head and whispered. "The most shocking one...... I heard that his dad isn't dead and faked his death to escape his own father."

My eyes widen and I slapped his arm. "That's disrespectful to the dead!" I said and he rubbed the place I hit him.

"Hey! That hurt!" He shouted. "The dead? He might be alive for all we know. I just pity your boyfriend because his parents escaped this life of being under Mr. Winston's control and left him to deal with it alone! The least they can do is protect him."

The least they can do is protect him.... His words echoed in my ear and the world began to spin. I suddenly remembered Ace telling me his mother saved him from the hired killer who tried to kill him at the office toilet..... and Nana's dad letting him go because of his mother.

She has always been protecting him.

But his father isn't dead? Ace never told me anything like that. At that point I realize there was so much he hadn't told me, doesn't he trust me enough for these details?

I mean I haven't told him about Angus and the accident but that's something that I have to be fully prepared for seeing that it can trigger my attacks. Maybe I'm just being self-absorbed by thinking like this, I should trust him as he trusted me with everything else he told me.

I shake my thoughts away before it engulfs me. Dialing Ace's number, I impatiently tap my beige-colored nails on my table. The sounds of my nails filled my dressing room as someone comes in with a rack of clothes.

"My Quinn." His voice comes through my phone and I feel myself melting at his words. My head hangs as I blush and forget all my worries.

"Ace," I breathed trying to stop my face from turning red making me earn a disturbing look from Brandon who sneered and shook his head at me.

"People in their twenties fall in love and become like high schoolers in love," Brandon sneered and I pat my cheeks to stop them from heating up, feeling embarrassed.

Asshole I mouthed to him.

"I'm here, talk to me," Ace said and I heard the should of papers flipping through the phone.

"I need to see you," I said finally gaining control of my senses.

"Missing me already?" His laughter bounces in my head and I chuckle.

"It's about something important," I told him and wondered how he was doing considering the stunt Carl pulled earlier today.

"Should I come to you now?" He asked.

"No no, you need to start staying in office more often," I protested wondering why he would leave office just to come when his right to take over was being threatened. He can't afford t omake any mistakes right now, especially with what happened two days ago.

"I don't care. If you need me I'll leave everything to come to you, nothing else matters," He explained with no hint of sarcasm or laughter in his voice. "I don't joke when it comes to you."

Feeling my heart tugging against my rib cage, my mouth hangs. I pursed my lips and laughed softly. "I know," I breathed.

"Good, don't ever forget that."