A Bit of Training

(A/N)

Everything should be in order for me. Hahahaha.... Possiblymaybe.

Please enjoy 

                               -                   -

I stood outside in the forest.

The birds chirped, the insects carried their next meal to their hive, and squirrels climbed the trees.

The wind gently blew my hair as it was tied into a ponytail. The tips and strands not bothering me as I held my eyes closed shut and listened.

Just listened to everything that was outside. Focus all of my attention to everything that surrounded me.

After all...

I felt something draw me to looking at my left. There was something hot coming from that direction.

And then there was a familiar chill creep down on my neck.

My mind had immediately told me to move to the left in flight, allowing me to dodge the scythe that now stuck to the ground with a bit of my hair in the air.

"Wasn't this supposed to be training?! You aimed for my head that time!" There was also a cracking in the ground from her scythe, but it wasn't a problem as she casually brought it back over her shoulder.

"We are. All for the experience of someone taking you off-guard. Enemies will kill you like this easily. Want to protect your life? Mumei's? Then get a little serious here." Calli blew her hair out of her face as she spoke, easily drawing her attention to something else.

"Friends aren't supposed to kill one another! Geeez... Kiara set you up for this attack this time?" She stepped forward a bit.

"Yup. Sneak attacks are a bitch to handle, right?" I pinched the bridge of my nose as I brought out my axe. Now, on the the blade was red bubble-like dots. Before I engaged into battle, I wanted to point something out.

"Watch your feet." Popping one of the bubbles on my axe caused a miniature explosion from one of my hair strands.

"Not bad, Haru. Actually felt that one too. Deciding on trying harder on me, eh?" Coming from out of the aftermath, her outfit was a bit burned, her arms blackened a bit, and a bit of her hair on fire.

"Surely, sneak attacks are surely a bitch. Still want to continue with all those injuries?" To my expectation, she grinned before she twirled her scythe around her fingers like it was a pencil before flipping her hair.

"Brings back old memories between us, huh? Me hunting for your life, you running away and screaming like a woman in a movie..." That earned a bit of a smile from me.

"Really now? Well, let's see who's going to be hunting who now. I could potentially be stronger than you, Calli." Of course I wasn't. And I wasn't one to bluff around a lot.

"Confidence is an idiot's substitution for pure idiocy." I only scoffed to play in the game a bit.

"Let's-"

"He's just a pure idiot and that's all! In fact, both of you are!" Before I could turn around, a fist landed on my head.

"K-Kiara! That-"

"I don't care if it hurted! Now help me get rid of the fire that you made! It's going to make a forest fire!" Looking at where I caused the explosion... Yeah... There were some flames that were climbing on trees. Luckily, I was able to absorb these flames....

But before I moved, I noticed a white owl on one of the trees. They were... blankly staring at me to say at the very least. I could only sigh. Even with this training to become aware of my surroundings, I didn't really think all too much on where I was using my abilities.