A Beating Sound.

"Haru-kun, are you sure you should be here today? You look like you fell down more than just a couple of stairs." With the latest class being done and over with, I could only sigh in relief.

"Yes, Shinzo-senpai. For all those days that we missed due to the... sudden incident here, I can't afford to miss more because I fell a couple of stairs." I started to pack some of my things and place them in my bag, ready for lunch to approach. Upon picking up my pencil, I had suddenly dropped it to my surprise.

"You can't even pick up a pencil correctly," Shinzo-senpai reached down to get my pencil, before placing it in my bag for me. "I mean, you could've lost your life the first time you fell, so try to care about your life a bit more." I felt the irony creeping on my spine. That had made go silent a bit, before speaking out again.

"...Yeah, sorry." His widened a bit before showing the smile that had made the hearts of many girls flutter.

"Something's different about you, Haru-kun. It's not like you to apologize so easily. I wonder if you met some girl that made you change." I pretended a cough, having the intent of hiding the small redness of my cheeks I felt.

"Nothing of the sort. I just had some more time to think of my previous actions that made me like an idiot." Weird to say that he was right on the spot, but not in the same context as he thinks. The girls I met had made me realize that there's a meaning to meet friends than just being isolated all the time. Not the way he's thinking.

Right.

"Haru-kun, you've been ignoring my words for a minutes or two." I shook my head to get out of my thoughts.

"S-sorry, I was just thinking to myself." His sudden grin reminded me of someone I know.

Oh~? And what were you thinking about? Was it a girl perhaps~?" To think he was the type of person to tease someone. Well, I guess this is what happens when you become closer to someone.

"I wasn't! I tend to think to myself about things!" Even with my denials, his face didn't look like he bought of it. "...I've met a couple." I don't know why I told him that, but something told me rhat he won't leave me alone.

"A couple?! I need some details, Haru-kun! Who's the cutest?!" This is that typical "guy talk" right? Where they talk about girls that are sexy or hot of the sort? I've dug myself in my own grave!

"I mean... they are... a-all cute in a way! I'm not saying that one is cuter than the other, I'm saying that they are all cute in their own way! There shouldn't be a person that is less attractive because of their appearance. They should care less about the breasts, face features, butt, and etc!" I closed my mouth when I noticed that I had been talking more than I thought.

"...Heh," I heard Shinzo-senpai choke a laugh before speaking. "You've got yourself a harem, don't you, Haru-kun?" At the sudden accusation, I felt the blood rush all to the top of my head.

"I don't! They are all good friends!" I took his shoulders in my hands and started shaking him. The smile on his face didn't seem to falter even if he was still being shaken.

"So... how about... the closest... one!" What us he talking abou the closest one? After stopping, I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes.

"What do you mean by that? I've became closer with all of them. They're all really good friends." Before I knew it, his arm swung around my shoulder as he brought his lips closer to my ears for a whisper.

"I'm talking about the girl that treats you more differently than the rest." I shook him off my shoulder and backed up a bit. I was reluctant to speak, but his grin got the best of me.