Selfless

"How do they feel?" Kiara's old clothing actually resembled a runaways type of clothing. She had a cape to cover her head and a orange shirt and jogger-like pants. She had told me when she was being hunted at a point of time, that she wore these clothes nearly everyday so that she could hold her human form.

"They're perfect, Kiara. Thanks for helping me out." Kiara's clothing had been made out of magic thread, which can easily fit to a person's size and weight just by wrapping a single thread to their body.

Wearing a black shirt under an white over-sized turtle neck sweater, I continued to move arm and legs around to get a feel of the clothing. The pants matched the sweater, being white itself and being baggy all over.

"Winter isn't even coming yet and here I am wearing this..." Honestly, I didn't know why I chose this type of clothing. I just wanted to try something new.

"Well, you can always change at will, so don't worry about it! You look handsome!" I slightly chuckled at her praise.

"Thanks again, Kiara. I don't know where I'll be without you." I mustered up everything I had to give her a smile.

I was still eating up inside.

"Don't get sentimental with me already. We already had our moments back at Cover." She smiled a bit.

"Yeah, right... Say, you told me about everything that happened with everyone while I was asleep but what about Calli?" She froze a bit before speaking again. Her expression had became solemn.

"I... don't know. I had tried to contact her, but she didn't pick up. I hope she's not overworking herself right now." Calli was a reaper, a being that sent those who died to their next step in life.

And yet...

"...Do you think she guided Amelia to someplace better?"

"I... There are a lot of reapers doing the same thing Calli does, Haru. And even if she did... I'm worried about her emotions. It won't be the first time she had to guide a soul that she grew close to."

...It makes sense. Both Kiara and Calli are immortals that experienced deaths of their friends and loved ones many times.

And now that I'm immortal... how many times am I going to have to witness someone I care about die in front of me...?

It scares me, honestly.

"We should go visit her. I'm a little worried since she didn't even respond to you."

"No, I can handle that alone, Haru. You should rest." Kiara's expression became that of a worried one.

"Rest? I don't need to rest anymore, Kiara. I've done plenty of rest while I was asleep in my phoenix form."

"Haru, I'm talking about emotionally. With what you've dealt with, you shouldn't be up and ready so suddenly." I crossed my arms defiantly.

"The organization is myseriously quiet and the one who killed Amelia who's part of something higher than any of us knows is out there. Anything can happen when I'm not around, so I have to "up and ready", Kiara." She placed her hands on my shoulders, gaining a serious look in her eyes.

"Haru, I'm serious. You might be immortal, but you're not invincible. You will mentally tire yourself out if you go on with that type of mentality." I closed my eyes and sighed.

"My friend-"

"Our friend."

"Our friend was killed right in front of me. If you guys have enemies like the ones that was involved with Amelia's death, then I have can't just sit around anymore. People's lives are on the line and I have to get stronger for you all.... For everyone's sake."