Careful What You Say

(A/N)

Almost done finals and such. But I can't promise that I can have a chapter every week. I can try to have two a week if I'm lucky.

But... that's the point of this message.

Looks like there's a message that I can't seem to stop. I wonder what they're trying to say?

And... if this other thing I'm doing turns out good, let's just say that the cover of this book might change.

My body felt entirely heavy. This is probably the first time I felt incredibly terrible enough to not want to move from where I'm sitting at. It was pitch black from where I was, granting me nothing of value.

It could probably be because I can't see that clearly right now.

"Haru? Haru, how are you feeling?" I heard Amelia-chan's voice, for me to respond with the nod of my head.

"Okay, I'm going to have to carry you, you ready?" I didn't really have the chance to answer when I felt a bit of drowsiness overpower me.

"Clear." I felt a jolt on my chest. Because of the adrenaline, my eyes were wide awake, recognizing the area I was in: a hospital.

"...Vital signs are low. Give me another." I looked to see a man on my left wearing-

"Clear." I felt another jolt to my chest. I didn't recognize what was going on right now. I... was at the exhibit and...

"Sir, we're losing him!" I heard a feminine voice this time. A man walked  over to where I was, before planting his hand on my hair to ruffle through it.

"Haru... I'm going to make things right. I swear that I'm going to make it all better for you." He... sounds familiar. He was a person I knew for a long time, all the way from when I was a child.

"...Dad?" I felt his thumb caress my cheek, before nodding.

I would've asked him more, but the sound of the machine beeping took over my hearing, before I allowed myself to rest on the bed.

"Haru, are you hanging in there? We're almost there." When I opened my eyes, I felt something on my head. However, I didn't need to touch it as I already think that it's Amelia-chan's detective cap.

"...Where's Mio...chan?" She closed her eyes for a second before grinning down at me.

"She's already at my hideout. Don't worry, she's safely resting on a comfortable bed right now." For what I could, a smile was all I could manage at this time.

"Ay-"

"She went back to that store to get that guy who helped us out of there. As much as I wanted to stop her, she didn't budge. But even then, it's not like she could come back." I didn't understand what she meant by that.

"Haru... that was pretty ballsy to do that for her. I don't know how you managed to survive that electric current, but I'm sure you lessened the pain she was feeling at the time." She no longer held her grin. From what I could tell, she was only speaking as serious as she could.

"I'm... glad." She didn't reassure me with a smile, nor did she look at me. She only walked forward with me on her back.

"...I let you get hurt again. For a second time, I couldn't react quickly enough to help and... lessen the pain. I know I did my part and slowed them down, but... what's the point if everyone around me keeps getting hurt?" As my hands were around her shoulders, I clenched my hands.