Responsibility

(A/N)

We have finally reached the end of the battle people. Just to say this... I've made two bold moves in this one chapter. Enjoy.

To say that we were coming out of this alive would be a lie.

"Rrraaaagh!" With both my hands on my axe to apply more force, I swung it at Mumei, directing heat and fire towards her direction. She would only duck under the horizontal attack and marched her way to us.

Of course it was obvious. I told myself this too many times already.

Mumei shot a single bullet from her musket at us, to which we were easily able to dodge out of the way, but after that single bullet, Mumei was surrounded by muskets that hovered over her.

"Split!" On Mio's demand, we both went in opposite directions from one another. As I continued to run, occasionally making myself transparent with my flames, Mumei retained her focus on me. Perhaps she was trying to get this quick and over with.

If I'm caught, then it's over for all of us.

But if I continue to run, then nothing will happen. Each and every one of us will die. So I need to take the initiative.

I turned on my heel, then phased through bullets with my flames ready to take Mumei head-on. She had reached behind her to bring out a knife from out of nowhere. I was expecting that she knew what I was planning to do before she engaged in battle with me. She was going to wait until I materialized back so that she would attack.

That's only when, however.

I circled around Mumei as she attacked the air that was meant to predict me coming from out of this form of mine. Each shot, punch, and kick didn't matter when I was as such. And when she least expects it…

Her arm went past me as she tried to punch me once again, not even trying to word her anger at this point. And at that exact moment, I phased over her and slammed my leg into her neck as hard as I could, making her skit across the ground while still standing.

After she stopped, she only rubbed her neck and stared back at me with eyes of disappointment.

"That's all?"

Yeah, looks like all that's going to be need to be used is  the axe. It's probably the only thing that can harm her at this point.

"Haru! Move!" Hearing the panic in Mio's voice I surrounded myself back in my flames again and moved from where I was standing. Bullets went through me, making me look behind to see that Mumei's muskets could hover wherever they wanted.

As soon as I came out of my form to swing my axe in hopes of destroying them in one fell swoop, I felt a sharp pain at the back of my neck, making me fall straight on my face.

I tried my best to look what hit me behind, only for me to see that Mumei's leg was over my neck. Getting back on her feet, she tried to grab me, but I phased through her fingers and backed away from her. She was too fast.

Before Mumei could get even a word out, a fist was slammed on her right cheek, making her skid again. Mio had been the one who had delivered the punch. And by the looks of it, her hand was hurting because of it. Mumei had not taken any sort of damage as she glared at Mio.

"Stupid dog!" Mumei brought up her musket out of thin air and pointed it at Mio. And not only that, but the muskets that I was trying to get rid of started to hover over Mio now.

"Mio! Run!" Without hesitation, she transformed into her giant wolf form and started to run as bullets from the hovering muskets sprayed down at her. She was dodging them luckily, so while those things are distracted-!