CHAPTER 42; family

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I hope.

....

Max keeps his promise, and calls or FaceTime's you every day to talk to you and Liam. The two of you watched the race weekend unfold on your TV, which was a strange experience knowing how much more actually goes on behind the scenes that isn't televised. Max ends up finishing second in the race behind Charles, Daniel slipping back to P5 behind Carlos and Lewis. Liam stayed up for the first hour playing but then promptly fell asleep.

What impressed you most about the weekend though was how Max answered all of the reporters questions throughout the weekend. Especially the ones about you and the baby that you were seen pushing around at the last race.

"Max, it looks like there have been some big developments over the winter break for you, and not just with the car. Can you comment on that?" The reporter asks at Saturday's press conference.

"With new engines this year, there is still a lot to develop, especially with the engine's overheating at the first race causing us to retire. But it's something once we have figured out, will be good." Max says avoiding the insinuation.

"Do you think the changes in your personal life will be a distraction for you this season?" The reporter asks and Max just stares at the reporter.

"I'm not sure what you're referring to." Max says staring back at him.

"Well after the attack after Abu Dhabi Ms. Hunter wasn't seen in the paddock at all last year causing speculation of a break up. However, she was seen in Bahrain not wearing her engagement ring, and with a young child, one may speculate that things in your personal life may not be as stable as they once were. Potential for it to effect your performance this season no?" The reporter asks and your thoughts immediately go to Jos. This would be his type of question to ask.

Max turns to Charles, "I thought this was a press conference about our driving not our partners?" Max says shaking his head, and Charles just chuckles nodding in agreement. Charles was also asked about Charlotte and if there were any wedding details yet.

"Alright, I only want to talk about this once so we can focus back to racing. Let's just get all of your questions out of the way." Max says and several other reporters hands shoot up.

"No, I don't think the changes in my private life will have a negative impact on my performance this season." Max says, "next question."

"Can you confirm the child Arya was seen with is your child?" Another reporter asks standing up.

"Yes." Max says shortly. "Next." 

"Congratulations! Girl or boy?" Another reporter asks.

"Boy." Max says shortly. "Next question."

"When was he born?" The same reporter asks.

"Summertime last season." Max says. "Next."

"What's his name?" Another reporter asks.

"That detail we will be keeping private for his safety. We hope you can respect that decision. We also do not want pictures being taken of him at any point without our consent."

"Are wedding bells still expected in the near future for you and Arya?" Another reporter asks.

"No. We're already married. Wouldn't make sense to have another wedding." Max says chuckling looking over at Charles who also laughs, and cameras start clicking taking pictures as if they've just witnessed a miracle.