proposal

✽ Ninny p.o.v ✽

I stood to the side and watched the couple exchanging their vows. Antonio smiled at me and took my hand in his.

" Does it feel like same even in Ava's wedding, right? " He asked me shifting his weight from one to another leg.

I feel guilty inside. What happens when he come to know about Ava and Damien?

I gazed at him for a minute and thought not to ruin his mood. I tighten my hold at our entwined hands and comforted him.

" You will be okay " I said.

He nodded his head lightly and watched the priest seizing their marriage bond.

⬰٭⇴

I watched how Avery is being shy to let her husband pull out the garter and laughed at how her husband is trying to explain how easy it is.

She has been shooking her head in shy and finally gave up.

From the beginning, Antonio is giving me strange looks. I don't what they are.

I ignired his stares again and went for Avery who is blushing like a tomato.

⬰٭⇴

We waved at the fading car where Avery held her head out looking at us crying.

She finally ruined the makeup.

But she is a gem.

Antonio held my hand and ordered his men to help others wrap up. And led me to the lone road where only trees are accompanying and the lights like bubbles.

This is so similar to the night we spent walking in Amsterdam.

" Don't worry, I am not going to hurt you again. Not in this life " he promised.

I smiled, he pulled me closer.

" I want to ask you something? " He said all of a sudden.

I nodded my head and rested my head on his arm walking in sync with him.

" Do-do you experienced the same when leaving your father? " He asked me.

Reminding his name itself brought tears in my eyes. I didn't replied to his question.

" Did he really forced you to marry me? "

I took a deep breathe.

" He didn't " I replied.

He didn't stopped walking or I didn't not felt any stare.

" I was a crying mess when my dad walked me to the altar. All I saw was the unshed tears in his eyes. His unconfessed love for me " I said.

" He didn't forced me to marry you, Antonio... He kept two options infront of me. One, to marry whomever I wanted to and the other was you. He asked me to choose one " I said.

" Why did you choose me? "

I smiled, " My dad done so many things for me... In return he just asked me one thing... To marry you... I was determined, I didn't thought about what my future holds or I lose my freedom. The only thought was why he was so happy to marry me into your family. Why he was so excited to see you beside me " That is a doubt for me till now.

" You don't even know how I look? "

I shook my head lightly and his body went rigid.

" I imagined how you look when my dad described you. " I replied.