"Señorita, el capitán está solicitando hablar con usted en su camarote. Me pidió que te acompañara allí." One man called. But she could hear others standing on either side of the door as well.

She decided to play the part and opened the door just a crack, and just as she suspected, three men pushed their way inside. She guessed the captain was too afraid to leave his quarters to give anyone else her warning. He allowed his men to their fate. She didn't mind. It would be a long trip, and she would rather feed now. She quickly killed the more disgusting men and, before he could scream, covered the mouth of the last man and went for her meal.

The captain had been holed up in his quarters since Serafina's visit. Whenever he tried to talk himself into believing he had hallucinated, he'd look up and see the burn in his door. He ended up sitting at his desk, staring at it all day and night. He had finally fallen asleep sitting at his desk when he heard shouts of panic coming from the deck. He didn't want to go. He no longer wanted to leave his room. He just wanted to keep as much distance from the demon as possible, but he knew he couldn't. He opened his door to figure out what was going on when he saw his men looking in his direction. He turned his gaze to what they were all looking at and saw three dead bodies beside his door. He recognized them as the men from his plan and knew they were placed there as a reminder to himself. He paled and ordered their cleanup.

Serafina had no more problems after that. The captain had initially told her before their trip that they would make a few stops before actually going to Cuba, then after all of that was done, they would take her to Mexico. After she had visited his quarters, things changed. She noticed no stops. They were just on a direct course to Mexico. They wouldn't even stop off in Cuba first. The men were confused, whispering that they believed the captain had lost his mind or might have been cursed. The consensus was split down the middle. He never clarified what happened to the men who were killed. That was why the cursed rumors started. They thought they were threats to the captain. He rarely left his cabin unless to eat, always wore a cross, and was just a lot jumpier since the day they saw the bodies. Most left him alone but talked about looking for a new ship to sail on at the port.

When they landed on shore, it was nightfall. She snuck off the ship with her belongings and hid them somewhere safe for when she was ready. She didn't like carrying her belonging in front of others. It ruined the character, in her opinion. Once her things were safely hidden, she returned to the ship in secret.

The captain nervously knocked on her door the next morning and announced their arrival. She slowly opened the door, and the captain bowed to avoid meeting her eyes.

"Nuestro negocio está hecho. Ya no necesitas temerme." She told him as she walked past him to leave.

The sigh of relief from the captain was huge as he fell to his knees and prayed again, thanking God for his life. He promised God to change his ways if he survived. He was planning on returning to Cuba and settling down.

She didn't recognize the port she landed on. She realized that when she was hiding her things the night before. She decided to leave her things for the moment while she just wandered, trying to find the way back to her town. She was pretty confident if she just went north, she'd get there. But the port she was used to already had a road she could travel, while this one didn't have any obvious roads. It led into a rain forest which she'd never traveled through before.