She looked up at me with her brown eyes that twinkled and a little smile found its way to my lips.

We sat down and she carefully laid the flowers down beside her then handed me the plate of cake. "Here," She said and I took it from her.

"It's delicious," I moaned after the first bite and she chuckled. I laughed too.

"Your dimples look cute when you laugh. Do it more often," She said and poked my cheeks making me freeze.

Her touch on my skin made me so nervous. I didn't even know I had dimples.

"Here," I said giving her the chocolate-flavored part of the cake and she ate from my fork.

"My aunt made this," She said and I noticed the chocolate icing on her lips which made me laugh.

"What?" She chuckled. "Taste the chocolate part, it's the best."

Without thinking I pressed my lips against hers and I felt her freeze. Then I moved back and her eyes fluttered open.

"It's good too," I whispered and she nodded slowly.

She took her hands to her lips and finally giggled breaking the ice. "My first kiss, under the tree in my neighborhood with a boy I really like."

Startled by her word my eyes widen. She likes me? I tried to fight the smile out of my face but couldn't and ended up grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"My first kiss, under the tree in my neighborhood with a pretty girl I really like," I muttered.

***

"You can cook?" I found myself laughing at Quinn who leaned against the counter and stared at me while I stood by the door with my hair slightly dripping from the warm shower I just took.

I let Quinn have a warm bath first and took mine after like the gentleman I am.

"I never saw you as the cooking type. You seem like one of those people who have their cooking stuff for decorations," I teased and crossed my arm over my chest while poking my tongue in the insides of my checks.

Her curly hair was kept in a messy ponytail. She was in one of my favorite shirts and it look so baggy on her making her the cutest person in the universe.

"You can't just stand there shirtless with your hair dripping and start judging me. And I'll show you what I can do, sit and don't say any other word," She deadpanned and tilted her head before turning.

I wiggled the water from my hair and chuckled taking a sit on one of the stools at the island. The white joggers I was in matched the shirt she was swimming in.

"What are you cooking?"

"I said shut up."

I pressed my lips and nodded while looking around. She began to warm up a pan and chop up vegetables. I noticed that she had begun cooking rice in the rice cooker before I arrived. I was so mesmerized watching her move, the way her hair bounced with every move, the glow of the sun seeping through the curtains on her, the way she had to tiptoe to get things from the cupboard and refused my help.

"It smells good," I beamed and she side-eyed me before taking the rice from the rice cooker.

She had begun to stir-fry the vegetables in the pan and the smell was heavenly. She mixed the rice into the stir fry and let it sit while she began to break two eggs into another pan on fire and sprinkled salt and pepper on it. I watched her amused and decided to start setting the table.