The walk down was very long but she discovered it looked a bit like a sewer at the bottom. Serafina wasn't happy with that. The expression on her face was nonplussed after the magnificent architecture above. She literally stopped.

Jane pursed her lips. Wanting to make a snide comment but not wanting to seem childish now that she was back home. She wanted to seem more mature, but Serafina seemed to bring out the worst in her.

Jane stopped. "It's not a true sewer any longer. We've long since renovated. It's just another passageway now. The sewer was diverted long ago." She sighed without turning back to look at Serafina.

"If I go down there and it smells like shit, I'm going to be very upset," Serafina stated while crossing her arms and passing Jane down the stairs.

Jane gritted her teeth and clenched her fists together in a motion as though she were strangling Serafina. Unable to hide her glare.

Alec smiled softly to himself at his sister's behavior. He understood completely. Serafina managed to rile him up on occasion as well. But he actually realized it was intentional. She didn't like that they behaved so much older than their physical age. She was very stubborn in her belief that they were children. They constantly reminded her that they were actually much older than herself, but she didn't seem to care. Constantly teasing them and tricking them into showing their childishness. He knew Jane was doing her best to hold it in. He patted her shoulder to gain her attention.

"Calm down sister, we're home. Let's report to Master. He may have a reward for us." He appeased her and continued walking.

She regained herself and followed her brother.

Danny slowly followed them all. Not feeling he was actually equal to anyone in this group to walk with any. He knew Serafina was only staying with him to be nice. She was the strongest vampire he had ever met, but she could be nice too. She was being nice due to his nerves. He was nervous about meeting the Volturi in person, not sure how they would react to his having participated in Benny's army. He watched their guard destroy so many vampires, including Benny. Benny was the only family he had. He knew what they were doing was frowned upon by the Volturi, but he was willing to follow Benny wherever he asked. He saved him after all. He owed his revenge and second chance at life to him. He wondered if they would forgive him or if they were just bringing him to their palace to destroy him in front of everyone as an example. There was no use fighting it, he simply continued following them several paces behind.

At the bottom Serafina saw another passage. Many recesses built in the walls with lit braziers. She was actually getting pretty annoyed now. She scowled to herself looking at the passage. While she stood looking forward Jane came up behind her and intentionally bumped her with her shoulder while she passed her.

"You should pay more attention to your surroundings. Now come," she happily stated with a small skip as she continued forward past Serafina.

That brought a small smile to Serafina's face as she followed Jane. No longer as upset with the distance she was forced to travel anymore. Not too long after she noticed much more light entering from the end of the corridor. Serafina paused and soon Alec passed her to join his sister entering a large domed room. Serafina waited for Danny then slowly followed. Marveling again at the architecture, the columns, floors, and domed ceiling were magnificent. She assumed the dome at least reached the surface due to the natural light able to make it through. She could see it was somehow tinted though as she wasn't being blinded while in the room from the vampires around her.