☽ Tara Varrington ☾

Start from the beginning

About a year before she officially become friends with Sydney and Stiles, she had been at her house that night for the first time in probably a week. They didn't notice, they just knew they needed her for their family image at their latest dinner party.

They dressed her in a white dress, so maybe their guests would forget about how much of a wild child Tara was, and they made her sit at the table and smile. Tara accepted it, because it meant that after this they'd forget all about her and she could go back to her safe haven. It wasn't a forgetful night.

She was eight and not the most coordinated, something that didn't help with age. She was drinking a juice box and accidently squirted some on herself. But that wasn't everything she did wrong. She called not one, but two of the guests bald. But the worst of it all was that she ate with her elbows on the table.

That night when all the guest left, her parents took her to her room and screamed at her. Louder than they ever had. It scared Tara to tears. She ran into her closest, not without grabbing a phone, and locked shut herself inside while they kept yelling at her.

She dialled 911, and tried to explain it all through tears. It wasn't easy, but they seemed to understand enough and sent a deputy to check it out. Before he could get there, Tara was pulled out of the closest and the phone ripped from her hands.

Theodore tried to call off the deputy but the 911 operator told him there was nothing she could do. He hung up on her and got ready to lie his ass off. Bella fixed Tara's dress, wiped her tears, and told her to smile.

They opened the door to Noah Stilinski. He looked tired, they had heard about what his wife had been going through, and used that to their advantage. Bella asked about Claudia and his kids, gave him their prayers for his wife. Theodore hid Tara behind his legs, hoping the deputy would be too drunk to notice.

But Noah was sober when he saw the trembling girl, trying to hold any smile she could. He looked between the two parents before he crouched in front of Tara with a kind smile. Noah knew the moment that girl looked up at him, that he wasn't going to let her stay with them that night.

He apologized to Theodore and Bella, which made him want to throw up, and told them it was procedure to take the kid of a possible abuse situation into the station. Told them that they could come get her after school the next day. He didn't have enough evidence to get her taken away permanently, she was terrified to talk to him.

Noah took her to the station, explained it to the Sheriff and he was aloud to keep Tara with him until tomorrow when her parents would come to get her. He took her to his house, where Claudia had just finished making dinner and Sydney and Stiles were running around the table trying to see who was faster.

He sat her at the table and introduced her to the twins before going into a seperate room to talk to his wife. Tara was petrified to talk to Sydney and Stiles, she had seen them around the school before but had never really talked to them. The only good experience she had with kids her age was Vivian, so she wasn't expecting much.

But Sydney and Stiles cheered her right up. They bickered about what to do first which made her laugh, until they finally decided on pranking Noah. Then she laughed harder as the three of them saw Noah gasp at the message they tried to write on the mirror in lipstick. 'Boo' is what it said, and when Noah read it they jumped out from behind the door and tried to scare him. At the time they thought they had gotten him good but he was really faking. But it still made her feel better. Claudia treated her like her child, fed her and made sure she brushed her teeth.

Overall her first time with the Stilinski's was great. So when she snuck over to Vivian's house with them almost a year later, she had the best time. Ever since third grade their little group had a dynamic.

Stiles was their leader. He was the one that really brought them all together. Declared them the best friend group in Beacon Hills. He was close to everyone in the group, had a strong friendship with all of them. He would plan the adventures they went on, always looking for something new to do.

Sydney was the strength. She kept them safe from some kids. She was scary, after Claudia died she usually had a frown on her face when she wasn't alone with the group. She was stronger than Stiles, and more athletic naturally. People were scared of her and she made sure of it. She made sure no one made fun of any of her friends.

Vivian was the smart one of the group. She was able to help Stiles choose which plan wouldn't get them grounded and she knew when to tell him not to try something that could kill him. She also just was the smartest. She would help everyone with homework and make sure their grades were up.

Scott was.. Scott was everything to Tara. She never did place him in the group. He went along with everything but he also was sweet and everything Tara had dreamed of. He didn't need a place in the group because he was everything they needed.

And Tara was the heart of the group. She had the energy and happiness that kept the group going sometimes. She could make everyone laugh and she knew it. She loved everyone in that group with her life and would do anything for them.

When Sydney left them the dynamics didn't change that much. Vivian just became the strength and the smarts of the group. She became the one that always frowned and was willing to start a fight to keep people away from their group.

The biggest change was when Scott and Sydney got bit. Scott became the leader, Sydney back to the strength, Vivian was only the smarts again but she also took on some of the heart of the group. She listened to Sydney and helped her through it. Stiles was the smarts too, but more of the planning portion and research. He would make these huge plans and Vivian would tell him which part could kill him. Tara was still the heart but she was a weak heart.

Everyone was doing something to help the team and she was just happy. She wasn't helping anyone. Not like Vivian or Stiles, she was just there. She was exactly like her parents told her. Useless. After Peter died something in Tara broke. Because now Mikayla even had a use. She was barley in the group before. Tara loved her but the fact that Mikayla had a more important role, could do more.

So when she saw Derek's eyes turn red she knew what she had to do. Tara went to the destroyed Hale house later that night. She saw Jackson leaving as she walked up, but she ignored it and walked as quickly as she could inside.

She called out for Derek and when he revealed himself he looked confused. She asked to be bit, to be turned into a beta. She told him she'd help him if that meant she could help her friends. He had a softer look on his face then she had ever seen and asked her so many times if she was sure.

Tara had seen what the bite had done to her friends. But she had made up her mind. She was determined.So when she was walking home that night, she wasn't scared of the shadows around her.

She felt powerful as she looked in the mirror and yellow eyes looked back at her.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘